Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GK59

Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay

5 posts in this topic

This was my first time there, took my two boys who had never stayed in a sleeper. We caught a few pout, missed some walleyes on the rattle reels and brought home 6 nice perch. Just wanted to say a big thank you to Brian, Cranker and the gang at Sunset Bay for their hard work with keeping up with the weather and getting us plowed out so we could come home yesterday. Will definetely go back again next year!!

Are their houses still on Doe Reef or in the bay now. Just

trying to get and idea were you were?

shack

I was out there last thursday. The Houses were out on doe reef. I was off the edge, 30fow. brought home some nice perch. Going again on wed. I hope I can still get out to the reef.

Dan

I was in the cluster a week ago sat. I fished the reef for

many years and caught many eye and perch. The perch in my millacs pics post were caught at doe on the 10th or 17th. I can not rember at the moment. good luck and post after you get back.

I believe the houses are still on Doe's reef. This was our first time on Mille Lacs. We fished out of Appeldoorns from the 22nd-25th. We ended up icing a nice 24" walleye. Caught lots of small (6") perch, they were biting really light, and one small 'eye. Also got 2 pouts on the rattle reels. Had one tip-up that had 4 hits in 10 minutes. This tip-up was set only a few inches below the ice. On the 4th hit, my buddy was putting the line in the water when something took it. The fish busted two of the hooks off the treble, and partially straightened the third.

Also heard of one house that had a 45" northern that was released.

Cranker and the crew get extra bonus points for working so hard through the weekend clearing snow and helping people out. Thanks a lot Cranker, hope you enjoyed the BBQ sandwiches on Saturday night. We will definitely be back for more fishing next year. Hopefully we can get on some more fish.

GrayDuck