Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mhedlund

LowranceNet

8 posts in this topic

Anyone using LowranceNet to link gps, temp sensors etc? I am have a LMS-332c and am in the market for another graph of the bow of my boat. I am thinking of something that I can move back to the dash for other times (trolling/downrigging). I was also thinking of putting a temp sensor in my livewell just for kicks, oh and a fuel flow sensor. So many options out there. Anything I should watch out for, any issues?

Thanks

The boat I am getting is coming with a 115hp Yamaha, On Yamaha's website it looks like the motor is setup for NMEA too. Can I hook the motor to my graph too?

If you want to know what will work and what you need go to Lowrance's website and click on the lowrancenet in the left upper corner on the home page. That will take you too a design page that You can drag and drop things on a design page and lowrance will verify that it will or will not work!

Will also let you print a parts list of the things you chose and lowrance verified will work together!

I have the LowranceNet, don't have a fuel flow sensor since my SmartCraft gauge takes care of that. My network has 3 head units plus a 4th location, gps antenna, temp sensor, and power connection on it. I like it, sure is nice for expanding and upgrading units.

I see on my Marine radio it says it hooks up to NMEA too. Does that broadcast GPS location in emergency? This sure seems like a cool way to link everything together. And buy a second graph cheaper w/o gps & transducer.

Thanks for the info.

Mike

You will still need second transducer, just not the second GPS reciever...most GPS untits come with the reciever anyway, keep it for a spare. The nice thing about linking is that a waypoit saved on one unit automaticlly saves to the second unit as well.

Wow I didn't know that about the waypoint between the 2.

I am planning on using the second graph with my trolling motor that has a built in ducer. The idea being that while trolling or on longer rides I could move the graph from the front to the dash and have 1 display for map and 1 display for sonar.

Okay, so you already have a sonar on the dash I take it?? Just want to have GPS option there as well?

So you would need the only GPS reciever to feed the unit when on the dash, and GPS and transducer when on the bow?

Sounds like that could be done....LEI or Lowrance dot net has a downloadable brochure or manual showing different linking setups, check it out an find one similar to what you want.