• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I was out on Gull this evening and over by Rocky Point I saw a bunch of activity. Police, Tow trucks and things of that nature. I didn't get too close but I am pretty sure they were pulling a vehicle from the water. It looked to me like a vehicle attempted to cross the massive breaker that splits the lake. I don't want to jump to conclusions but what were they thinking! Does anyone have any more details. Just curious?

Was anyone hurt? I am not murphy, but he is a friend of a friend. I got the house I was responsible for off the lake last night. Was very close to this murphy you speak of though. I left the spot because thursday night and friday it was like a circus out there. I don't know what happened but was doing well until Barnum and Baily's came to town so had to move unfortunatly.Were you out on the lake yesterday or did you here of this ordeal through the grape vine. If you were how was the fishing.

These pressure ridges are so darn dangerous to drive across. Every year somone goes through the ice by just not using common sense and staying away from channels, points, ridges, etc. Hopefully no one was hurt! I live on the west side of gull and if I hear any more I will pass it on.

Kind of sad to see the season come to an end... All and all a good winter experience on gull lake. Caught walleyes all through the season. This last week has been quite good. Three walleyes last night on fatheads under a bobber. 5 the night before in the snow both jigging and under a bobber. No large fish but a number of good eating size fish. Also lots of small fish which bodes well for the next few years!

Now it may be time to make a few trips up to Lake of the Woods o Red Lake. Also will start looking for some nice sunfish in our area.

I just retired and now have lots of time to fish. Years ago we use to go up to Pelican Lake near Cook MN and Lake Lyda near Pelican Rapids... Both Lakes were great in March for very large Bluegills.. The larges Bluegill that I have ever seen caught in MN - 2 lbs 5 oz came in March on Lake Lyda. With fishing pressure as heavy as it is these days I am not sure if any lakes in MN produce fish like these two use to.

It's geat to be back in central MN after being away for the past 15 years.

Welcome back JConrad. I to had a good year on Gull and the amount of fish I catch each winter reassures me what a great fishery it is. I never did get that walley for the wall I was looking for. There is always next year. Maybe I should put away my golf clubs and fish the lake in the summer... or maybe not.

joe jolly, i wasn't out their fishin, but my buddy murphy was. he's kinda pissed at me cause i told a friend of OURS that he did well on the corner, well wouldn't ya know, it turned into a CITY quickly!!! he wasn't real happy with me, oh well looks like you don't tell friends anymore either.. i don't fish walleyes past mid jan. i LOVE them perch and can't wait until march plus i seem to do better before the crowds hit the perch.

I knew your handle was salmon TF you lied to me I'm hurt. Anyway I heard the guys got out and were walking to shore when the 1 ton duely finally went down. Heard it was standing on it's nose with the rear of the box sticking out of the water. Pretty spendy to get out i bet. Time for the pannies I see a trip to Winnie/ Red coming. Then the Fox and Rainy WOW I Love Spring.

later

ONLY EYES,TF STANDS FOR TREMENDOUS FISHERMAN DOESN'T IT??? I DON'T THINK YOU KNOW WHO I'AM THOUGH, I DON'T KNOW ANYONE WHO LIVES IN OWATONNA ??? THAT'S FARM COUNTRY ISN'T IT, HOW DO YOU KNOW HOW TO FISH?? grin.gif

Only eyes, did you hear any reason as to why or if they made a conscious decision to cross the breaker. RED LAKE HERE WE COME! Let me know what weekend your thinking of heading up. I think that Howell151 wants to go also Remember I have Fridays off. Let's Roll.

Salmon I'm the guy that was fishing right next to your house when you brought the circus to town. I'm also the guy that you guys wont call anymore for cards because your scared. Hope you got Lil Yar put away right so we can make a couple trips to Lake Scuzzy this year. In Owatonna the farms are only there to hold the Pheasants. And my new lab is rearing to go. There's also a nice golf course down here so come on down and take your beating. Joe as far as why the one ton deuly crossed the breaker. My question is why is it on the lake? I get tripped out with my half ton. He probably wanted to save time by not driving around. As soon as I'm done grinding my reels I'll be heading up to Red hopefully in the next two weekends this double storm is already setting me back so I'll be in touch. Thanks for getting the big shack off and storing it for us. I'm glad you got some use out of it this year. Salmon I'm 99% sure you are who I think you are so if I'm wrong forget what I said.

LAKE SCUZZY??? WHERES THAT!!! SCUZZY, THAT SOUNDS LIKE A NON SHAVEN, OVERGROWN TOENAIL-FINGERNAIL, SHAGGY HAIR, SKINNY WEAKLING KINDA GUY.... JUST THE KINDA GUY I LIKE.. ONLY EYES, YOUR NOT AS DUMB AS I THOUGHT YOU WERE, YOUR ACTUALLY PRETTY SMART!!!! I'LL SEE YA MORE THIS SUMMER ON THE COURSE LATER P.S. WORK THE H@$L OUTA FOOT THIS YEAR 6:00-6:00 6DAYS AWEEK. grin.gif

I would not put away the golf clubs either.... I plan on playing a lot this summer.

I will also fish a lot this spring. Caught a 30 inch walleye last year end of May plus a good number of fish between 25 and 27 inches... Spring on Gull is good expecially in the evenings and after dark.

Hit em straight!

SNOW!!! Wow I'm sure you guys are feeling it too but we got a wall mounter down here 34+ inches since saturday night. This will definatly hinder lake travel. Was planning a trip up to the Chisago lakes area tomorrow for some Crappie action but I don't know how the Chev will handle all of this. What's the story up there Joe-Seppi anything better wouldn't mind hitting a few lakes up there.

GOOD LUCK!!!! BRING MANY SHOVELS AND ENERGY BARS, YOU'LL NEED THEM. YOU JUST STAY HOME AND PLAY FOOTSIE WITH FOOT!!! IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO GET TO WOOOOOOOORK. DID YOU GET A TIP ON A LAKE IN CHISAGO OR HAVE YOU FISHED UP THERE BEFORE?? HEARD THAT THERE ARE SOME GOOD CRAPPIE LAKES AROUND THERE. WE JUST MIGHT HAVE TO GET A CARD GAME GOIN TONIGHT, ARE YA IN???LATER I'M AT WOOOOORK.LATER.

I do like cards however I probably should work tomorrow but probably could be swayed depending on the roads. Give me a call.

Not sure on totals but I would say that we have between 16 and 22 inches. Was thinking about Red next weekend but not 100 percent sure. A few buddies are thinking of going. I would just be tagging along because I don't think that the Somoma would handle the lakes. Still snowing...