Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EYES101

Tamarac Refuge

3 posts in this topic

I know it can be a little work but do any of you fish out in the refuge in the winter, I have always been curios about Pine Lake, I think it is only open to fishing in the winter. I was out on Tamarac earlier this winter and caught plenty of notherns. I would have gone out on Pine but didn't have a contour map.

Just Curious

Good luck finding a contour map for Pine...actually call the headquarters they might have one, but I doubt it.

Dad took us out there one year for perch when I was young. I don't remmeber why, but there were people everywhere. I haven't seen anybody out there since.

Judging from hunting it, I would guess it's 10-12ft deep??

Also, make sure it's open to ice fishing. Check the Refuge regs to make sure. I got warned last year on a different lake that I fish in the summer, but is closed in the winter.

Good luck

There are some LARGE pike in that lake. They seem to cruise up in the water column, so I don't think you'd have to worry about finding deep water.