Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
End of the Line

Emerald Shiners?

13 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if I can get them at URL or Grand Rapids on my way up to URL this weekend?

Last weekend Froggys sports in Cass Lake said they were getting some in. I don't know if they arrived or not but that's what the gal told me.

That's not on my way.

I thought I heard something about a Deer River bait shop carrying them. I can't personally confirm that however.

I did try Emeralds 2 weekends ago on URL and the walleyes sure seamed to love them, crappies on the other hand, not so much.

With my experience last weekend, I still believe that location, location, location is more important than any type of bait selection. When you work to find active fish, they will hit anything.

Sorry this is off the subject, End of the Line if you see a guy up there this weekend with a white Tundra staring at your ice mansion for a long time that would be me. I saw the pics and I'd like to see the real thing.

West Wind had them last time I was up in early Febuary.

We caught all of our crappies (6) on them and a bunch of eyes too.

Maybe give them a call to make sure.

I saw some packaged at Gander Mtn in Woodbury last night. Not sure what the technique used is but they look plenty natural. Just wondering if anyone tried something like this. Looked like 3 dozen or so for $9.00. Once you open the pkg I think they will be toast so it may not be that great of an idea. Any thoughts?? Especially if they are hard to find live.

MJ,

Stop by if you see the house anytime. I think we'll be off Hillman's, but to be determined alittle later tonight. My name is on the house and I have a white Chevy 2500 crew cab.

I got them the last few times in deer river, Fred's on west side of town i think it was. Boy did they love those guys. Next time I think I will see if some river shiners will work too; they look identical.

West Wind does have them. The walleyes love them and when the crappies are hungry they will bite on anything.

Thanks guys. I am leaving Duluth area around 7am. I will be off Hillman's Road for those that want to stop by and check out the shack. Might make it in for Roll call at noon on Sat, but we'll see. wink.gif There is an "End of the Line" decal right by the door.

Quote:

MJ,

Stop by if you see the house anytime. I think we'll be off Hillman's, but to be determined alittle later tonight. My name is on the house and I have a white Chevy 2500 crew cab.

Thanks for the hospitality, I was looking but didn't see you. Maybe next year.

MJ,

We were with the group almost all day Sat. Tried you on the radio too.