Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markkstanley

For future reference anyone in Metro sharpen Nils blades?

5 posts in this topic

Given he amount of holes I can drill this might be important sometime soon grin.gif Think some other people might want the answer too.

I'm not sure. I should be pretty simple to touch them up as you sharpen the back side and not the angled edge. I do know that Nils has an exchange program with a 5-7 day turn around. I believe the cost is about $12.

I picked up an additional cutting head so I wouldn't loose any time in case I hit something or had to send mine in for sharpening.

Who do you contact regarding the exchange program? Nils Master USA?

Mark,

Contact J.P. at Nilsmaster USA. I do the same thing that Borch does. I have an extra head and when I need one sharpened I put the new one on and send in the old one. One week turnaround smile.gif and as mentioned it's around $12.00

Did and sadly JP said the grinder is kaput and he won't be able to do the exchange until he gets a new one. He gave me all the info I need to touch the blades up and then talked me into a new centerpoint head. I like the idea of having a spare around just in case so it's all good.