Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SkunkedAgain

Trail Sticker on the lake?

7 posts in this topic

I swear that I read a thread about this before, but does anyone know if you need that MN trail sticker to ride snowmobiles on the lake, meaning the marked trails?

I've only been riding to my place and back and haven't bought a trail sticker this year. If you do need a sticker, are they enforcing it?

Not sure about the lake riding, but you do need a sticker on any trail that is groomed or maintained by any amount of state money!

Cliff

If you are riding on a state groomed trail on the lake, you need a sticker..

So...I'm specifically talking about the staked trail that goes from the Landing in Head-o-Lakes through to Wakemup. Is that a state groomed trail then?

The Cook end of the trail, from the Landing to West side of Grassy Bay portage is marked by the Cook snowmobile Club and the trail from the Grassy Bay portage to Tower is marked by the Vermilion Penguins Snowmobile Club. This trail is not maintained by anyone (Not groomed, except for the Grassy Bay Portage that Don Johnson personally takes care of) so I would have to say that you should not need the trail sticker. It would be a good idea to discuss this will Dan Starr (Virginia) Conservation Officer.

I am really certain that you will need the sticker but call a CO if you aren't sure.

Justin

You dont need it for lake riding.