Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoeR67

Tonka - Lafayette Bay Truck access

5 posts in this topic

Just curious if anyone can tell me how to access Lafayette Bay by truck?

I obviously haven't been out there, so I'm not sure if you just drive through

one of the "slow zones" or if there is an access somewhere on the bay.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Have to drive out from Excelsior or Tonka Bay. No access from the north end of the bay.

Thanks Mark. That is what I thought.

Do you know if it is safe, or let me rephrase that, do you know if people have been driving through the "slow zone" to get there?

I was out on the four wheeler over the weekend and I am almost positive that trucks where driving thru the slow wake zone. If not, there is a little access in Tonka bay that you can use. I cant remember the road name, but it is a small dead-end road that has a small access on the end of it..

Saw some trucks pulling perm fish houses behind go thru the slow zone last week. I am measuring almost 2 feet of ice in the areas I fish so you should be OK for a few more days.