Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShawnK

Fishing resorts in Ottertail Country?

5 posts in this topic

[Note from admin: Click here please for the listing of Ottertail Area Resorts. ]

Hey everyone, my name is Shawn and I am from South Dakota. Me and some buddies are trying to plan a fishing trip somewhere in the area of Ottertail lake for a fishing trip sometime in May. My question is "are there any good shore fishing lakes in that area that offer good fishing for walleyes and panfish?" We don't have a boat, so we will be strictly shore fishing. Any suggestions on any lake would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot Shawn

Most lakes have accessable panfishing from shore. Walleyes though would be tough in general. I would imagine most resorts you would rent from have boats to rent. I would stick to Ottertail for the walleyes that time of year. They do come into the shallows in front of some of the resorts at night that time of year so who knows?

If you're fishing from shore, fish the rivers.

The chanel area at Ten Mile lake can be a great walleye spot from shore. Just fish it after sunset when the crowds thin out. Don't forget Orwell too.

In May if you are going to fish from shore you can try crankbaits from shore at the public access in the evening on the SW corner of the lake where the river comes out of the lake. It would be best to have hip boots or waders. That is your best bet for Walleys from shore.