• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking to make a june/july trip looking for info. We use to stay on caribou lake in a cabin years ago but I cant seem to find any info. Any ideas as far as lakes, cabins, resorts, or even camping? Looking for eyes and maybe some lakers and smallies. Any info would be great being I am not to familiar with the area

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Google Gunflint Trail Resorts. You'll find just about every Resort there is on the trail. Most have cabins and some offer camping. Theres a few Forest Service campgrounds on the trail, Northern Light lake, Iron Lake, Kimball Lake, East Bearskin and Flour Lake.

Is the Grand Marais area good this time of year or at ice out, for shore fishing Lake Superior? Can a person fish for loopers this much further north.

Thanks

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I've never shore fished up there this time of year but I'll bet you might get into some cohos.

Loopers are stocked on the western end of Superior so you most likely wouldn't find any up there at any time of year.

Once we get closer to the Steelhead run you will find them in front of the river mouths up there.

June is the best time of year to fish up there. Two Island or Crescent lake are the best lakes to camp on, you'll catch lots of nice smallies and eater size walleyes. Greenwood is a really good lake for lakers and BIG brook trout, but there are no accomodations there...Loon lake lodge is good place or somewhere on trails end