Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cRaPpiEMaN8265

Bald Eagle Bait Shop

6 posts in this topic

Can anyone confirm if there is still a baitshop on Bald Eagle??? I will be heading out tomorrow and was wondering if there was still one on the lake and if not where is the closest place to get it...Thanks a lot

Ryan

There is one on your right just before you turn left off of 61 I think thats the road. Its a gas station and its white thats the only one that I can explain how to get to and its right on the the way.

That baitshop that bassman is talking about is a great place to get bait. You ask for a dozen and they give you at least a dozen and a half. Plus its only one of 2 bait shops, in the metro area that I know of, that carry red tail chubs on a regular basis.

Correct...that is a great bait shop. It is a Marathon gas station I believe and is located right off 61 like the prior post said.

Quote:

Plus its only one of 2 bait shops, in the metro area that I know of, that carry red tail chubs on a regular basis.

I can't confirm they have them now, but Blue Ribbon Bait in Oakdale had Redtail's in October. The owner told me as long as they sold he would keep 'em. Haven't looked for 'em the last few times I was there so don't know for sure if they still have them. How do they work in the winter?

There a great universal bait. I've caught walleyes, bass and northerns. Plus they can take a beating. On one minnow about three weeks ago I caught 5 northerns. But on average I would say you can catch 3 fish per minnow. Overall I would say if they have them get a half dozen.