Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Swanny2

Prior Lake Contest

12 posts in this topic

FYI: The Prior Lake Sportmans Club ice fishing contest will be held this Sunday, February 18th, from 1pm - 3pm, at the Sand Point Beach access (Cty Road 42 / Cty Road 18).

Quote:

FYI: The Prior Lake Sportmans Club ice fishing contest will be held this Sunday, February 18th, from 1pm - 3pm, at the Sand Point Beach access (Cty Road 42 / Cty Road 18).

Has any one seen any info on this contest. This year I haven't heard any thing about--cost--prizes-=stuff like that.

"Has any one seen any info on this contest. This year I haven't heard any thing about--cost--prizes-=stuff like that."

The contest was delayed due to ice conditions. Following information comes directly from printed tickets; ticket cost $1.00; continuous prize drawings; grand prize drawings 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100, 4th & 5th $50 (need not be present to win)

Largest fish 1st $75, 2nd $50, 3rd $25.

Lunch & refreshments sold on the lake.

Minnows supplied free of charge.

is there a website or can i get info at prior lake bate and tackle

The Prior Lake Sportsman Club doesn't have a website as far as I know. I am pretty sure the bait comes from PL Bait & Tackle so they should be able to answer questions or the like. Years past, they would also sell tickets there. Not certain if that is the case this year.

ok thanks for the info.

I was in PL bait a couple of days ago and they did have tickets for it.

Not a good day to hold the contest with the Daytona 500 that afternoon also. frown.gif

Not ever gone to a contest before... confused.gif Do they allow you to drive your truck to where you are fishing or is it sleds or buckets to sit on only? So they drill holes for you? How far apart are the holes? Just wondering... I guess I could drive by and take a peek at how they do it.

I was on there last sunday, nice day, caught a couple small perch.

I have not gone in years but in the past you could not drive to your hole so I would plan on walking.

Was anyone there at the contest? I was out there yesterday and caught a handful of sunnies, one perch and a small crappie. I think the winning fish was a 1/2 lb. jumbo perch! I haven't seen one of those in Prior for a long time. Really nice day to be out though. smile.gif

Nam

I fished out there after the contest. There was still a some of vehicles parked in the Sand point parking lot when I got there. I drove west after I got on the lake and got away from the crowds. Managed a few perch and a crappie. 1/2 lb perch are considered jumbos? Well I guess they probably are on prior.

Took the kids to the contest, What do ya know, we were the ones that caught that JUMBO PERCH (.5), took 1st place, it was really fun for the kids, and put an extra 75.00 in the fishing gear fund.