Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishgirlmn

Weekend Fishing Report

7 posts in this topic

Well I went up to Red on Saturday. Found a spot about 7 miles on Hillman's road. Fished in 13 Feet of water. Although fishing was a bit slow, managed to catch 7 slabber crappies and a couple of small walleyes. Was a bit windy, but was a good trip all together for a day trip. Didn't get home till 2am!

Went to Winnie on Monday. Went in at High Banks Resort for 4 miles and fished in 22 feet of water. I must say the lady at the resort was very helpful! She put us right on the fish. Caught a bucket full of nice size perch and 3 keeper walleyes. Had the camera and boy the schools just kept coming in! I will have to say that the fishing was a lot more exciting! Right at sunset, the fish turned on and I couldn't keep my hook baited fast enough. I plan on going back soon!!!!!! It is closer than red, and you can keep 6 walleyes. Well I will have to wait now till Friday to do anymore fishing, but you can bet I will be going again!!!

fishgirlmn, headed north thurs nite. plans are to go out to winnie sat am. we are located by spring lake. where do you reside if you dont mind me asking? sounds like fishin was good for ya. maybe see ya on winnie.

Good report and good to hear you had some action. It's always good to come home with dinner when you make a road trip. Good luck fishing this winter!

Justin

I live in Hibbing. The trip to Winnie is only about an hour for me. It was my first time there and I was surprised on how close it was. I will definately be making another trip up there real soon. Would like to go next week when the weather will be nice, but I would go anytime because I am a fishing addict!

HOW FAST DO YOU DRIVE? I'm from Hibbing and have done the Hibbing to GR trek often lately, and that is about 45 minutes. I'd say Winnie is about another 45 minutes to 1 hour away. It's a great lake to fish, though, that's for sure.

I drive fast! Need to get to the fish. I also checked miles and it is about 66 miles. I checked mapquest and it is 46 miles to Deer River and from there it is about 20 miles. I don't know how fast you drive, but its about an hour for me, maybe an hour and 5 or 10 minutes. LOL!!!

There is no way Winnie is 45 minutes to an hour away from Rapids unless you are driving a riding lawn mower!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif I can drive from Grand Rapids to Bemidji in an hour!

It is only 34 miles from Hibbing to Grand Rapids. When they get the bypass done around Coleraine and Bovey that will be really nice!

Justin