Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
river huntfish

Ida

8 posts in this topic

What is the action on ida these days. Ive heard of some walleye action but not to much size coming out yet? One more question does anybody spear out on ida and are the norhterns good size or just little hammer handles

Did fair on Ida over the weekend on Walleyes. Size was on the small size but did manage to snag a 20" and a 23". Haven't done any spearing myself but I tie into some very nice northerns fishing for walleyes every summer.

wondering any fishing reports from ida. any night bite fishing going on or to go on there. I haven't seen anything posted lately

going up this weekend wondering how the walleye bite is at night if there is one. Does anyone spear on ida or tip-up

I have set up for northerns during the day. They can be found all over the place, just look for a good weeds around 12' of water. I usually would spend the majority of my time northerns on the weed flat out from the bullrushes in front of the old Camp Omaha.

where to start. The best bite for us was between 6am and 630am. and 5pm till about midnight. we fished about 20 feet of water. Caught some really nice fish. half dozen over 20, dozen over 12 inches. and a handful under 12 inches. all released back. too much fun for a couple of days fishing.

Hey jiggin, where about were you at. I am usually out south of the south access, nothing but little ones ( under 12" ) getting pretty discouraging.

I was near the northwest side before the bay. Saw some nice ones on camera by the public launch on the east side about 100 yards from shore on the drop off.