Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dahitman44

Drivin' on Big C

13 posts in this topic

Well the full-sized trucks were in full force yesterday and I think I will drive out today as well. Big C has 13 inches of Prime Ice. We should be in good shape.

Remember -- you can't drive everywhere. Far from it. But Where I am going there are no springs and excellent Ice.

Hey Hitman,

I am picking up some really nice 10" er's where I'm set up. Even managed one real nice 9" er last night.

Eye --

I heard you were out. Good for you. Keeep me updated on that lake.

Many bites?

Good to see there are little ones.

How did you hear that I was out???

Yeah there were other bites on Saturday night, I was just dead sticking then with shiners and had a few bites but when you go to set the hook you can feel it just pull right out of their mouth. Last night I tried the glow in the dark angle eye tipped with 1/2 of a fat head and those little dinkers were hitting it. I take it they must be the DNR stock from last year or the year before, they were exactly the same size. Managed a couple of nice perch on Saturday too, they were bigger than the walleyes last night....10" also, but much fatter.

Not on Big C but did drive on Prairie down by Pelican Rapids yesterday. Took my sister's step daughter out. She's from Indiana and had never been on ice before. She was a little freaked out driving but settled down once we got in the portable. We caught forty or so bluegills, one northern, and two largemouth bass. She took enough for a meal. Most of the bluegills were small. There was a foot of ice out there. Not bad for an afternoon. Didn't stay out long enough to see if the crappies would move in. In spite of my other sister's advice on how to get me off the lake, (1) slowly release the minnows until you're out of bait, (2) whine that you need to go to the bathroom (3) ask dumb questions until I go nuts, (4)sing off key, often and loudly, and (5)stomp your feet on the ice saying your cold knowing you will chase fish away, she was a trooper and it was fun taking her out.

Eye --

A buddy of mine saw your house down there. I hope you have better luck than I have been having..

Cicada --

Sounds like my boys on Big C last night. I have to hand it to them. It was boring, they didn't like the cheezy brats, but they hung in there. Not bad for six-year-olds.

Hey "M" I still can't believe your Da HitMan, what a small world. My dog thought your cheese brats were great (though he only got a taste); but he was more interested in the lab who was enjoying them too. Maybe there will be bigger fish tomorrow. Oh, by the way; George Erickson said it best when he wrote "Inter-religious strife, overpopulation and hunger soil a globe beset with theologies of breed and realities of greed". (True North 2003.) You should take the aerial tour with me someday soon. So why is it they call you Da HitMan? grin.gif

It sounds like many are driving out with pickups now on bc.

Question: Has there been people taking or moving permanants with pickups or are most still using four wheelers??

I would like to not bring a wheeler. I would just like to know what others have been doing. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks

what i saw tonight was there were way more trucks in the lot than out on the ice. 11" where im at

I took the kids out on Leaf yesterday, but drove by the Big C. access near there -- and I'd agree - a lot of trucks in the lot - a lot of houses on the ice - but not a lot of trucks on the ice -- a few but not many. There was 13inches on Leaf - a couple small pickups out there, but not too far from shore.

Fly-Boy --

It is a long story. The name started out in Softball and it sorta stuck.

The fishin has been bad. There are a ton more shacks around us and we are not even catching fish -- Crazy.

I plan on moving soon. Let's move to that spot you had lon the GPS. When can you move?

Hope you had a good holiday.

Hitman

PS -- I can't believe you wanted me to autograph your rattlewheel and your G/F chest.

All in a days work for Da Hitman. wink.gif

I have been driving out, but when I move the house I will take a wheeler. You just never know.