Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
311Hemi

Truck goes through on Coon Lake (Truck) Tuesday morning.....

23 posts in this topic

Looks like some 70 year old guy thought the ice was safe enough this morning for his pickup......sheesh.

Sounds like he made it out ok.

Story at wcco site.

And the Darwin award goes to..........

The sad thing is that it looks like a 4 wheeler in the back of the pickup.

By the looks of the TV report on the news he did not make it out more than 20-30 yards before the truck broke through.

This is the same guy that I posted about a few weeks back http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=922887&page=10&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

My son and I were fishing out there today to the right of the boat landing, and actually saw the truck fall through the ice. The spot where the guy went in was VERY thin due to the current wrapping around the point. When my son and I were headed out to go fishing this morning, we did not even WALK across the area that truck broke through. I don't understand why that guy thought it would be OK to try and drive across that spot. I just don't get it. He is very lucky to be alive...

There's a village somewhere looking for him!!

Olecool.gif

"Here's your sign"

Natures way ????? We will have pay another $10 a year for a fishing license, so the DNR can post a CO at every boat landing, to tap people like this on the head with a 2x4. People see this on the news, and somehow try to relate this to the mentality of all fisherman. Glad he is ok. I would recommend some counseling.

WELL LET THE MEDIA FRENZY BEGIN ITS PEOPLE LIKE THIS THAT SCREW THINGS UP FOR ALL OTHER ICE FISHERMAN WHO ARE "SMART"

WHAT A (Contact Us Please)

Quote:

WELL LET THE MEDIA FRENZY BEGIN

If the guy survived it won't be that big of a media frenzy. You'd think a 70 yr old guy would have the sense by now. Tape the DNR fining him, tape a crew getting the truck out, and show THAT for news. Oh well, the coverage will mean the lakes are nice and open for us walkers wink.gif.

78 year old man living in the past, even drove across just last week he says on channel 9. Hard to beleive he made it

then. I really can`t remember the ice being this bad so late

in the year. Hope this is not a sign of the times and it continues. frown.gif

Frank Patchen.....pure genius

The 4-wheeler in the back of the truck is what kills me. Isnt the reason someone brings a 4-wheeler is to unload it on shore then drive on the lake?? Am I missing something??? I hate to say this but I don't feel sorry for anyone being this stupid driving on the lake with so little ice and going through. I wish I could remember what Jesse Ventura said years ago it was something like "This is the way to weed out the idiots" and he was right. This year has not been cold enough and anywhere you go in the metro area you will have to walk out to your spot just not safe enough yet.

Iron Range Rob- When I first heard about this on the news I thought about what you posted a couple weeks ago and thought this has to be the same guy. Mid-sized truck, atv in the back, north metro lake. Sure enough it was. This guy is very lucky to be alive.

My buddies uncle. Hope it doesn't run in the family.

They better fine him for that and I really hope my tax dollars are not paying for that rescue.

Listen to the Media hype STAY OFF THE ICE!!! I hope most people listen, that way I can have a quite lake all to myself!!! cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

Quote:

Listen to the Media hype STAY OFF THE ICE!!! I hope most people listen, that way I can have a quite lake all to myself!!!
cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

Yep, it even reached the national audiance on the weather channel. laugh.gif Something tells me this might bring more people

out to watch and see if they can`t witness this for real.

Where did he drive out from

He drove out from the west boat ramp.

That would be the east boat ramp, the same area where a bunch of houses went through a couple years ago.

Watch the video again---what happened to the wheeler?!?!

They pulled the 3 wheeler out, along with the rest of the crap in the bed. I think they were concerned about the truck rolling onto its side I guess.