Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Walleye71

Marcum LX-5 Question

Question

Walleye71

The wife really came through this year and got me the LX-5. Can't wait to use it tomorrow. Long time Vexilar user (FL-8 and FL-18). Wanted the zoom any where functionality.

Question, I know the cone is on the wider angle by default. What is the rule for which cone to use in shallower water and which cone do you use for deeper water?

I believe the wider cone is for the shallower water but I can't recall.

Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Jim Almquist

The wider cone will work good for you at any depth. The narrow cone angle is good for fast drop offs where the fish have the chance of not being seen. The other feature you have to try out is the super fine line. In 18 ft of water I can tell if the minnow head is still on my spoon or if I have jigged it off-Very Cool. Good Luck with the new toy.

Hookmaster

You can also use the narrow cone in a fish house so you don't see other lines, only yours.

Jim Almquist

Hookmaster thanks for another good use. I am going to the NW Angle in a couple of weeks and that will work with the fish houses up there just perfect laugh.gif

Walleye71

Jimalm, I noticed that yesterday. My vexilar didn't have that type of seperation. At first I didn't understand why my jigging spoon was so big on the screen but then I would hold the spoon perfectly still and see the seperation. Very cool. I love the MarCum already.