Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

sheldonrocks

Has anyone been out on any lakes in the Faribault area? Just wondering how the ice held up after that rain. Any info would be appreciated.

The Green Hornet Strikes Again!!

stoneeyes317

Sheldonrocks:

I was out last evening and drilled a hole on Hunt Lake. There was 5" of ice about 20/25 feet out from the access.

Hope this helps...

eyes317

Team Otter

For the most part, many of the area lakes have held up surprisingly well. But, I think it's in your best interest to check out a lake yourself.

sheldonrocks

I was out on Mazaska yesterday in front of the Highway 21 access and there was about 6-8 inches out there. Not much for fish, just a few small perch. Has anyone been out on French?

Bauer and Standke

I was out on French Sunday and there was 6 inches of ice but I could not find the fish there are not where they normally are.

ice_it_06

Was in the area today @ 4:30 pm so I took a drive to Mazaska (6) people out, French (23) people out, Roberds (3) people on the lake. Guy comming off French said there was 6" uniform ice and the people I saw were spread out all over the lake.

Some pretty darn close to the deep hole area but everything was "portables" as I saw no small light weight perms at all and only (1) wheeler on all lakes total.

Enginejet

We were on Mazaska today and found 8-10" of ice. Hit a spot I fished a week ago before the rain and there was 2" more ice. Not sure how the lake made the ice with the temps but I've been measuring every time out. Fishing was slow, marked plenty but only one nice crappie.

Bauer and Standke

There is not that much ice out there Did you have a tape measure with?

ice_it_06

Watching my vacation days since last week until 1/5/07 run down the drain along with the ice fishing it was taken off for mad.gif

All I was looking for the past week was two or three days in the low teens over night so I could get the 5 X 8 on the ice anyway.

To think at this point there is not a good 8" minimum base to drop small perms on is crazy. I could have been pushing my 5 X 8 around easily with no snow the past week. But with questionable ice and more rain and mild temps it just really bites.

Enginejet

Quote:

There is not that much ice out there Did you have a tape measure with?

Yes, I've used the same tape all this season and have measured from the bottom of the hole to the top of the water. I've been going to the same area on Mazaska since the ice has been consistant so far, although I thought the ice would have gotten worse with all the rain we had last week. I was really surprised to find 10" last night going out from the access off hwy 21. We were out in the bullrush bay yesterday morning and went straight out from the access. The ice there was a solid 8" (measured every hole) everywhere we drilled. The area I have not gone out on is the area out past the bay after the big cloudy ice patch. We found ice at 5" in one spot just before Christmas and haven't gone out there since.

We are still being very carful but have confidence in the ice in the areas mentioned above. Yesterday we had a good day on the ice, fish have been slow to bite but at least we know where to find them.

sheldonrocks

That's pretty wierd because I've been out on Mazaska twice so far this week. I've probably drilled 30+ holes and nowhere did I find ice over 7". Were you measuring 6 feet from shore, or is there some "colder" spot in the lake I don't know of ?? tongue.gif

If you jig it, they will come....

Enginejet

The thickest ice is in the bay by the Hwy 21 access and that is where I've spent most of my time. I've watched the ice there since it froze over. Also was down in the bay off the other access and the ice there is much thinner. I was out again yesterday, but with the rain there is so much standing water.

Sorry if our numbers are off, I'm only reporting what I see.

ice_it_06

Took another Rice County trip yesterday after my 12/28 lake check.

Thought for sure the day and a half of rain and another of snow I would find every lake deserted. Mazaska had about ten people out and French had over two dozen on it and Roberds I saw two people out. Mazaska had a open water area, French was still locked up but ugly looking, (alot of people though) Roberds had open water and dark looking ice, Cannon had alot of open water and bad looking ice.

Maybe someone will chime in and give a ice condition report on Mazaska and French. Weather hasn't seemed to stop those two lakes.

Bauer and Standke

Have not been out but out on Cedar there is a house on the south side of the lake that is half threw the ice and has been that way since Saturday.