Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sysco_joe

Spring turkey?

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys, does anybody have any land , or know someone else that does that might be willing to either borrow or lease it out for a spring turkey hunt? My 9 year old and I would be forever indebted to you for your help. Any info is appreciated. sysco_joe @yahoo.com

sysco_joe - you know as well as I do that getting land these days is pretty tough. I would highly recommend that you get a Stearns County plot map from one of the city halls (Sartell, Sauk Rapids, or St.Cloud). I think they are around $20.00. Thats a good start.

Sysco_Joe,

I see that you've checked in several forums looking for land in different parts of hte state. You're first hurdle in MN is getting drawn. I'd look at those permit areas that have more permits with less people applying for them. You can find that info on the DNR website. For example, in the St Cloud area there is arrea 218(formally 418), This is a really tough area to get drawn for with very few surplus permits left over most years. In many area of the state there is also very good public land opportunities. I've taken several birds on public land and have not had any other hunters to contentd with on several of the pieces that I hunt. Over the years I've also developed relationships with landowners so I have private options as well. Many of these started with utilizing the landowner permit winner door for access. Many of the places I now hunt the owners no longer hunt turkeys but continue to allow me access which I'm grateful for.

Good luck in your pursuits.