Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigVLover

Aqua-Vu VPG

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone used one of these yet? How would you compare it to a circular flasher?

I had a an aqua-vu last year and it worked great on clear lakes and it was pretty cool to see northern and bass and sunfish on it. I returned it because it would get really hasey and you could'nt see anything. But I really like my vexlar I think the vexlars are a better deal thats my opinion.

The Aqua-View is fun to watch but I much prefer to use my MarCum LX-3tc for ice fishing. The water depth or clarity does not affect how flashers work.

Cliff

I believe he's refering to Aqua Vu's attempt at taking market share from Vex and Marcum with thier Vertical Pixel Graph. It is a vertical LCD graph that works like a flasher in grayscale, but in a veritcal fashion. Battery life would far exceed the Flasher because of no motor and LED lights. If they come out with a color version, I would try it for sure, I think the grayscale would make it tough to decipher how strong the signal is. I have not used it, but would like to try it. You may want to move this to the equipment forum.

Fisherdog

fisherdog 19,

You are right, but I still have to vote for the MarCum Or Vexilar flashers! Their color screens make them much easier to read.

Cliff

FisherDog19, you are correct, I was referring to the Vertical Picture Graph made by Aqua-Vu. It retails for about $100.00 less than traditional flahsers but I hdan't heard anything about the functionality of the unit.

If you want LCD screen, full color (multiple options, too), regular sonar, GPS, flasher, etc., I'd recommend the Lowrance M68C Ice Machine. I've had one for 2 years, and love it! You can also get a high-speed 'ducer to use it in an open water/boat situation. I use mine in the bow of the boat, and haven't had any problems with it.

Just another option. But IMHO, you get more bang for your buck with the Lowrance.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Hello Friends:

Looking for some help as I've been up here since yesterday morning and only two 22" walleyes. I've fished fairly hard (5 or 6 hours) and tried all of my normal spots in Frazer/Smarts/Narrows area using all presentations with minnows and crawlers. Would love to have a walleye dinner (couple of 15's) for my black lab and I tomorrow night and any suggestions would be welcomed.

I'm not looking for spots, but general depth and bait.

Thanks guys

Andy

• delcecchi

Posted

It is great.  I don't know if they are still doing grumpy gary chicken this time of year but it is good.  They have specials on various nights, at least in summer.  

• Sculpin

Posted

Dennis Anderson, Outdoor writer for the Minneapolis Tribune had a nice write up on the duck opener at Pelican. In addition there were some locals quoted on duck hunting there. Sounds like the ducks are back, and they have the water levels well under control.

• Thanks Don! its a good time of year to be on the water!! :)

• SkunkedAgain

Posted

Oh man, I forgot about the South Switch. I haven't been there in close to fifteen years. I doubt that it's changed.....maybe I'll head there tomorrow night!

• Not lately but a buddy got 3 in big fork yesterday... No dog just him walking

• MrSchrute

Posted

Anyone been out lately? I normally wait until the leaves start dropping but am getting the itch to get out pretty bad.

• delcecchi

Posted

Prices a little high there too....   Come on down to the switch or the crescent.  

Didn't Bayview try the upscale dining thing a few years ago? 

• eyeguy 54

Posted

I miss ice fishing there

1 person likes this
    • BartmanMN

Posted

Where are all the Duck reports from the almighty Pelican? 

Did all this rain fill the lake back up?  I haven't driven by at all. 

I bet the crappies and gills are growing nicely.   Soon enough.

1 person likes this

• PSU
      Hello Friends: Looking for some help as I've been up here since yesterday morning and only two 22" walleyes. I've fished fairly hard (5 or 6 hours) and tried all of my normal spots in Frazer/Smarts/Narrows area using all presentations with minnows and crawlers. Would love to have a walleye dinner (couple of 15's) for my black lab and I tomorrow night and any suggestions would be welcomed. I'm not looking for spots, but general depth and bait. Thanks guys Andy  
    • delcecchi
      It is great.  I don't know if they are still doing grumpy gary chicken this time of year but it is good.  They have specials on various nights, at least in summer.  
    • Sculpin
      Dennis Anderson, Outdoor writer for the Minneapolis Tribune had a nice write up on the duck opener at Pelican. In addition there were some locals quoted on duck hunting there. Sounds like the ducks are back, and they have the water levels well under control.
    • Turk
      Thanks Don! its a good time of year to be on the water!!
    • SkunkedAgain
      Oh man, I forgot about the South Switch. I haven't been there in close to fifteen years. I doubt that it's changed.....maybe I'll head there tomorrow night!