Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigVLover

Aqua-Vu VPG

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone used one of these yet? How would you compare it to a circular flasher?

I had a an aqua-vu last year and it worked great on clear lakes and it was pretty cool to see northern and bass and sunfish on it. I returned it because it would get really hasey and you could'nt see anything. But I really like my vexlar I think the vexlars are a better deal thats my opinion.

The Aqua-View is fun to watch but I much prefer to use my MarCum LX-3tc for ice fishing. The water depth or clarity does not affect how flashers work.

Cliff

I believe he's refering to Aqua Vu's attempt at taking market share from Vex and Marcum with thier Vertical Pixel Graph. It is a vertical LCD graph that works like a flasher in grayscale, but in a veritcal fashion. Battery life would far exceed the Flasher because of no motor and LED lights. If they come out with a color version, I would try it for sure, I think the grayscale would make it tough to decipher how strong the signal is. I have not used it, but would like to try it. You may want to move this to the equipment forum.

Fisherdog

fisherdog 19,

You are right, but I still have to vote for the MarCum Or Vexilar flashers! Their color screens make them much easier to read.

Cliff

FisherDog19, you are correct, I was referring to the Vertical Picture Graph made by Aqua-Vu. It retails for about $100.00 less than traditional flahsers but I hdan't heard anything about the functionality of the unit.

If you want LCD screen, full color (multiple options, too), regular sonar, GPS, flasher, etc., I'd recommend the Lowrance M68C Ice Machine. I've had one for 2 years, and love it! You can also get a high-speed 'ducer to use it in an open water/boat situation. I use mine in the bow of the boat, and haven't had any problems with it.

Just another option. But IMHO, you get more bang for your buck with the Lowrance.