• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wild

Hockey Guy

The Wild better get their poop together pretty soon! They're down to 6th in the conference already! Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver are closing in fast. That loss to the worst team in the NHL Tuesday night really hurt.

I have to admit that I haven't seen them play much lately. What changed? They were flying around the rink at the beginning of the year. Their power play was excellent in the first few games.

I watched them move the puck around on Phoenix when they were up 2-0. They almost scored a couple of times, then promptly gave up the goal in their own end. Guess I'll have to start watching again, so I can keep up.

They have gone away from their defensive stile and opened up their offense. Unfortunatly the lack of defense and/or the mistakes in their own zone is costing them with easy goals for their opponents. I think they started so good because teams did not know how to play against the new Wild system. Now they have figured it out and they are attacking and pressuring the defense into mistakes.

Pretty tough to open up the offense with Gabby on the shelf, IMO. Puts more pressure on the other guys, and I am sure they are feeling the heat anyway lately, with sub-par games in the last 10 days. What I have noticed alot of teams doing lately is sending in two forecheckers on one of our D-men or forwards in the Wild zone, they either cough it up or hurry to get rid of it and make a bad decision. Other thing I have noticed and am so far disappointed in is the play of Skoula back on "D". He makes poor decisions coming out of our zone. No-no's that they hammer home to guys in pee-wees not to do. Last man out trying to stickhandle around a guy in our zone, etc. He looked alot better with the puck/decision making when he played against us when he was on the Av's. Hope he wakes up. We need him. He did it again tonight in that sweet comeback against the Predators. Came out from behind our net and skated right in front of the net with a forechecker nearly stealing the puck. C'mon veteran, figure it out...

Gabby out is a big reason this offense isn't clicking how it was at the beginning of the season, everyone seems lost without him on the ice. Another thing I would like to see is Manny getting more rest, Backstrom is a very good backup and he should be used more often.

Yep- Manny looked out of sorts not only last night, but against the 'Yotes. Maybe he needs someone behind him to push/motivate him to get it going again? Like Roli did last year. Maybe he was getting a bit too cozy between the pipes.. Backstrom looks decent back there.

when is gaborick coming back?

I think the wild are playing good hockey, they just need to find away to get it done on the road. This is by far the best Wild team I've seen.

• 2 weeks later...

The defense look bad lately. There not picking up anyone infront of net and letting the other teams bang away on our goalies. Goaltending has looked pretty tough also, not stopping sharp angle shots.