Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cylinder

Deer video

16 posts in this topic

Some friends of mine in Iowa were pheasant hunting a few weeks ago & came across 2 bucks with their antlers locked; one was dead and had been dead for quite a while. They took a video with a camera phone as they separated the antlers and let the live deer go. The link to the video is below; it takes about 14 min to watch and if you don't like rough language you should turn the volume down. The quality of the video isn't that great as it was taken with a cellphone camera and there was a lot of moving around. Notice the state of decomposition at the end of the clip. You may never see anything like this again.

You will need to have Quicktime 6.5 or greater and RealPlayer10 to watch it, and both will have to download additional plugins to view the .3g2 format. Windows versions should do that automatically, but I haven't been able to find the plugin for the Linux version yet.

http://www.cosmoscoffee.com/info/deer.3g2

THank you for sharing that video. THat would be crazy. Im impressed at how they handled the situation.

The only thing that could have made it cooler was if they could have tagged the ear with somehting saying to contact them if and when it would have been shot.

Very cool video.

First of all, Get a clue and remember this is a family forum. I hope this video gets deleted. Everyone is acting like juvenile delinquents. You should be ashamed to have posted it. Irresponsible, degrading and immature!!!

russ,

I disagree. Yes, they are young kids who were excited and didn't know exactly what to do at first. And yes you heard some cussing going on...big deal.

In the end they did the right thing and let the deer loose. If they wouldn't have done that it would have died along with the other buck. You can give the whole mother nature's plan argument, but I am still glad to see the buck run free.

TRITC

I too agree they did the right thing by releasing the animal. Thats not what is offensive. knowing this is a family forum the video should have been kept to themselves. Young hunters or not it showed lack of responibility and common sense.

russ I think you are way out of line. They are younger guys and act like it. They did a great thing for that buck by helping him out and letting him go. Without them he would have died a slow miserable death.

Thanks for sharing the video and tell those guys they did a great job!!!

Russ, I understand that there are many people who don't like to hear swearing-- that's why I noted that if you don't want to hear that kind of language you should turn the volume down. It's not my intent to offend others.

I think that the video should be shared for it's value regarding how things happen in nature, and this is something that most of us never have seen nor will see again. That language is a part of our society, whether we like it or not, and in this case we have the option of turning off the sound.

My bad everyone. I inadvertantly missed the sentence warning of the language. Once again, I totally agree with the releasing the animal. That truly is a sight not many get to witness.

Russ

Wow! I kind of felt bad for him. Glad the guys let him go- shows more sportsmanship than slitting its throat. Congrats on the find!

They are definitely to be commended! If you are telling me you never let expletives out at an intense moment of excitement like that (especially at that age) then I'd say you weren't being honest with yourself or anyone else.

At first I was a little upset that it took them so long to get around to freeing them, but after they'd been locked for lord knows how many days, the extra 10 minutes probably wasn't that big a deal.

I'm saving that video!

The reason it took so long to start separating them was that they were waiting for other members of their group to come and help-- needed more hands. They had to break the racks to get them free.

how come I can't get this to download? confused.gif

Is the problem that the video won't download or that it won't play?

If it won't download, it could be a number of things-- try this, assuming you're using Internet Explorer, click Tools, then Internet Options. Click the Advanced tab, then Restore Defaults. close IE then open & try it again.

If it won't play, you probably don't have the latest version of Real Player. go to: http://www.real.com

Click the buttons for free download, then install it.

can someone place a link to a seperate site for this, I have tried everything to view this and cannot figure it out. Put me in a tree and I'm home, infront of a computer and I'm lost.

That link is the only place in the world that it's posted for download. The download should start when you click on the link. Try downloading it to the computer, then right-click the downloaded file, choose 'Open With' and choose RealPlayer. If you have dialup internet it will take forever; I think the file size is about 14mb.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• leech~~

Posted

2 hours ago, JBMasterAngler said:

Drove all the way up to grindstone this morning from Forest Lake. As I'm driving along the shoreline, I can't stop admiring how beautiful of a day it is, and how great it will be to be on the water. Was totally amped up to fish for some trout! Then I pull up to the boat launch...and it's closed down! :mad: This dredging project has been pushed back for years, then they finally decide to do it on a beautiful sunny day, that I picked to come here...on the last day of the lake trout season nonetheless! Needless to say, I was very upset! 

Could have throw a line off the south shore since you were all the way up there. :(

• easyrider25

Posted

Hey guys thanks for the tips.  What you are saying really makes sense.  I have been working on these items this week, not expecting a completely changed dog out there but looking forward to continued exercises this weekend out in the blind.

• JBMasterAngler

Posted

Drove all the way up to grindstone this morning from Forest Lake. As I'm driving along the shoreline, I can't stop admiring how beautiful of a day it is, and how great it will be to be on the water. Was totally amped up to fish for some trout! Then I pull up to the boat launch...and it's closed down! :mad: This dredging project has been pushed back for years, then they finally decide to do it on a beautiful sunny day, that I picked to come here...on the last day of the lake trout season nonetheless! Needless to say, I was very upset! 

• papadarv

Posted

1 hour ago, delcecchi said:

I bet the state, not the political cronies, would get a lot more money by having the auction on the internet or allowing phone bids.  Heck, put them on the bay of E. 

Actually DMV and DNR do quite well at their auctions. You win bid, You Pay, You own. No red tape, no collection process, simple and things seem to sell for quite a bit of money. Go and one see for yourself, its quite amazing. Lots of them at the Arden Hills DMV. Hard to collect money over the phone and on the internet. I do believe they will use the same auction process for this property sale as the DMV and DNR are good at it and a lot of buyers will be there. If the internet were to be used, the "political cronies" would need to create a bill, Ear Mark several million to develop a site, create an app, hire 40 to 50 people to manage and than increase taxes to cover the cost much like Obama Care Not a good plan. If your interested, go to auction, bring lots of money, win a bid and own.

2016 MN auction schedule if your interested in going to one.

http://mn.gov/admin/citizen/surplus-property/auctions/schedule/

• SpecialK

Posted

They were dredging there today. Not sure if they are done or if it will take longer.

• the weather has not been good this past week either, but fishing was still do able. Pike island is a popular spot and I am sure you can find fish there. Gold is. would be worth a try as would the area around the wolf pack. We had 4 nice walleye today and a great fish fry tonight. Heading home in the morning for the season. so good luck

• I bet we will end up going to red trying to convince the couple guys that dont like sleepers for some reason that a 10x24 sleeper is just like a cabin and that we can bring 2 portables to bounce around if we want. Dont really need a guide ill probably allready have gone there 3-4 times before this trip.... Maybe superior will freeze good this year and I can convince them to go there i guess I just get kinda bored or red sometimes

• delcecchi

Posted

I bet the state, not the political cronies, would get a lot more money by having the auction on the internet or allowing phone bids.  Heck, put them on the bay of E. 

• delcecchi

Posted

On 9/13/2016 at 4:37 PM, loadmaster said:

Well, got out of the hospital and rehab a couple of weeks ago, Its been a long haul went in on Feb 15, with some massive heart attacks.   Starting to feel better and have hit Fish a couple of times.  Thought I would check out the site and see if traffic has picked up,  Sorry to say not much different, a lot of lookers as usual and not a lot of posters

Been there and done that.... Not the site but the hospital etc

• certified jumbo

Posted

In northwest Wisconsin 26 hunting dogs have already been killed this late summer.   Already breaking the record of 23.  Be careful in the northland.

• leech~~
      Could have throw a line off the south shore since you were all the way up there.
    • easyrider25
      Hey guys thanks for the tips.  What you are saying really makes sense.  I have been working on these items this week, not expecting a completely changed dog out there but looking forward to continued exercises this weekend out in the blind.
    • JBMasterAngler
      Drove all the way up to grindstone this morning from Forest Lake. As I'm driving along the shoreline, I can't stop admiring how beautiful of a day it is, and how great it will be to be on the water. Was totally amped up to fish for some trout! Then I pull up to the boat launch...and it's closed down!  This dredging project has been pushed back for years, then they finally decide to do it on a beautiful sunny day, that I picked to come here...on the last day of the lake trout season nonetheless! Needless to say, I was very upset! 
    • papadarv
      Actually DMV and DNR do quite well at their auctions. You win bid, You Pay, You own. No red tape, no collection process, simple and things seem to sell for quite a bit of money. Go and one see for yourself, its quite amazing. Lots of them at the Arden Hills DMV. Hard to collect money over the phone and on the internet. I do believe they will use the same auction process for this property sale as the DMV and DNR are good at it and a lot of buyers will be there. If the internet were to be used, the "political cronies" would need to create a bill, Ear Mark several million to develop a site, create an app, hire 40 to 50 people to manage and than increase taxes to cover the cost much like Obama Care Not a good plan. If your interested, go to auction, bring lots of money, win a bid and own. 2016 MN auction schedule if your interested in going to one. http://mn.gov/admin/citizen/surplus-property/auctions/schedule/
    • SpecialK
      They were dredging there today. Not sure if they are done or if it will take longer.