Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bbells

Disposal of a fiberglass boat

12 posts in this topic

Anyone know how to dispose of a junk fiberglass boat in MN? Preferrably on the west side of the Mpls area. Thanks!

If you can't give it away, search the yellow pages for a landfill in your area. Might be fun for the guy driving the loader to run over.

What are the details on the boat - size, how bad of shape, etc? We are looking for a (free) boat to use for firearms safety training field day, doesn't need to float.

I think it does float. Has a bad engine though. Here is what he says about it. Where are you located? I can probably deliver it if you and he both say yes. Thanks!

1964 18 ft starcraft 110 mercruiser, alum. bad engine.

Chances are its too large for our needs but I will check with the instructors. Is it an inboard engine?

Landfill is only place unless somebody wants it for free.

Outboard

Quote:

Chances are its too large for our needs but I will check with the instructors. Is it an inboard engine?

List it on e-bay for $.01. Local pick-up only.

I did this with an old boat with a bad motor last Nov. It sold for over $100, and the guy drove up from Chicago to get it.

Someone may need parts from the motor.

You should pull the engine and drive first if it goes to the landfill. If the drive is good its worth some money and the engine has a lot of parts that can be sold.

craigslist . (XXX) Has a "free" section, if you want to give it away.

I guess they want a 12-14 aluminum boat with bench seats for the class. Sorry.

Old fiberglass boats are some of the coolest, most in-demand playground toys that you'll see at elementary schools with imaginative/creative administrators.