• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gun value

BryanL

As a long time bow hunter I really have no idea of how much guns are worth(or even if it is a good gun) A fellow teacher wants to sell his Remington semi auto 1100. It has a rifled Hastings barrel and a look under(?) scope. First off, is this a good gun? Second, what do you think the gun is worth? Thanks for any input.

If you have access to a public library or have a local bookstore around, you could probably do a quick search for..I think its called "Gun Trader" but I am not totally sure on that. It is usually a pretty thick book.

the other place to get an idea of price would be to go to the website http://www.gunbroker.com This is like an auction house like ebay where you can do a search and see what gun prices are out there.

Good luck with your search.

Steve

I would think that if the gun is in good shape it would be worth at least 350-375 with the extra Hastings barrel.The Hastings barrel should be approx 250 new.I have the same set up for one of my slug guns and it has served me well.

Is it a 3"Magnum or a 2.75-3" reciever?

He said you could only use 2.75" sabot slugs. Good thing is he has 13 boxes of them that go with the deal.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
      Don't take me wrong, I'm not anti-technology.  Battery powdered items will always have their place.  I'm mean you don't want your girl friend or wife in the bedroom playing for their gas powered adult toys!!  That would be a bit loud and smokey!    
    • smurfy
      🤣 nope...Leech's smartypants reply!!!!!!!   i liked it!!!!!!!!👍
    • Dash 1
      That’s right. My 84 year old dad loves his electric chain saw. Light weight and quiet. Besides, at his age he’s not cutting a bunch. Where as myself I want something with more power and heavier duty.  Look at how many people have switched back to gasoline cars after running one in winter if you travel a lot.   As long as my strike master works I’ll keep using gas. Maybe my next will be electric, but who knows,  you can find used gas ones pretty reasonable as others buy electric.
    • CigarGuy
      You guys giving me crap for my detailed reply? 🫣
    • smurfy
      🥴 didn't see that coming  pretty funny.🤣
    • leech~~
      Hey, I'm not cheap buddy, but it depends on the work too?  🤣
    • CigarGuy
      This is the bait frig at L&M in Virginia, the other day. Also, added Highway 65 bait.
    • smurfy
      New signs going up this year  
    • smurfy
      any idea on the going rate for leeches.......not by the lb????/ havent bought any in a few years!!!
    • leech~~
      I think electric items have their places, I just don't think large commercial jobs are going to be able to work well with them. Can't see a logging crew out in the woods all day changing batteries!  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.