Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
deadminnowcatcher

I Blew It!!!

deadminnowcatcher    0
deadminnowcatcher

Had a huge buck come within 5 yards tonight and I blew it! frown.gif. Here comes the excuses: I pulled back as he was comming in and the arrow nok came off the string. Not sure why but it did. He is still comming at me and I nok the arrow again and pull back. I grunt using my voice to stop him and he stops at 5 yards. Now i am havving trouble aiming cause I am wearing a face mask and have not practiced with the mask on. And i miss big time. Boy does that make me feel good after sitting in the tree for hours. He was a wall hanger that i will not forget. I climbed down and went home after this. Banged my head off the truck window all the way home. I felt like kicking the dog when i got home frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

BiffleFan    0
BiffleFan

Been there and done that. It just plain old sucks but just think how good you will feel when you do get him! Ya got to just let it go and take it as a reminder to have everything in order for the next time. Every time I get on stand I will pull back and swing around just to check the feel of things and see what might be in the way. Get back after him, he'll be back.

Deitz Dittrich    4
Deitz Dittrich

Sorry to hear about your miss, however, thank you for sharing!. I hope someone reads this and can learn from your mistake.

Important:Proactice in full hunting gear sometimes as it does change things. As season get longer and your wear bulkier clothes that changes things too, practice again! A face mask is something that will get in the way of an anchor point for sure! So will gloves.

delmuts    19
delmuts

i think we have ALL been there!yes it sucks!now learn from it!!check your nocks to see if any are cracked, or just need replacing. they should lightly snap onto your string. then as said; put all your hunting clothes on and shoot some to find any problems. also once the in the stand , again check to make sure every thing is good, and you are ready! you'll be ready next time! grin.gif

Shwangman    0
Shwangman

I had the same thing happen on a 6, my excuse, my mouth froze (first for me) and I could not stop him so I shot and small branch pushed the arrow low and I hit him in the leg, man I felt bad!!!! So then on Friday my boss says, take off at 1:00 and go hunting but, I felt bad about already taking off so I stayed till 3:00 and went home and got ready. Got out to the woods about 4:00 and two guys (one in my stand) was slug hunting so I did not want to screw up there hunt so I went home. That night the guy who owns the land stopped and told me when I go out on Saturday, down be surprised to see a gut pile 30 feet from my stand, the guy shot a 14 pointer, I was sick!!!! This is my first year hunting and even thou I have learn alot, I have alot more to learn!!!

fishermn    0
fishermn

Been there done that... Like Deitz said, practice in full hunting gear, also if possible practice from your stand or a similar one set up at home, you will be surprised how many little things you will find by doing this. Stuff like: Your jacket collar is in the way and screws up you shot, the sleeves on your jacket are bulky and you get string slap and lotsa extra noise, when you weare that really warm big hat/face mask, you cant get your anchor point where you want it, etc etc etc.

snapcrackpop    0
snapcrackpop

Me on 10-26-06:

So I rattled last night.

Just started my 3rd set as I looked behind me (downwind) and THERE HE WAS, The Big 10! He froze, I froze. His head was behind a tree at about 35 yards on a path that would have taken him about 30 yards broadside to me. He waited about 2 minutes, then jogged quartering away from me. I was able to stop him at about 40 yards when he stepped intot then next opening. With his 2 mintue wait I was able to calm myself.

I shot and saw "bark dust" as my arrow reached him. DEFLECTED!

AAAAUUUUGGGGG! I MISSED HIM! I missed him by an inch, otherwise my arrow would have stuck in the tree rather than glancing off.

Climbed down and found my clean arrow. Dang. He was a buck you know you want to shoot the second you see him. He would have been my biggest, probably 130 or so. I've been trying for over 2 years to get a shot at a deer like this.

I want to cry or scream...

Oh well, out to another spot for an hour this morning.

96trigger    0
96trigger

I had a nice buck, at least a ten pointer, 7 yards, watched him for 20 min. When I shot, I just saw that arrow get deflected and land on the ground next to him. I'm still not 100% sure what happened, I believe it hit his hoof. Anway, I still sit awake at night and think about that deer. He as the biggest deer I have seen alive in the wild to this date. I'm going to tell you, it will take awhile to get that image out of your head, especially when others are talking about the deer they got and thats all you can do is say how big the one that you missed was. smirk.gif

BLACKJACK    3
BLACKJACK

This is why I also recommend to beginning bowhunters to shoot a few does and small bucks, to get past any potential problems, equipment or otherwise, so when Mr. Big comes in, you can get it done.

kc0myy    0
kc0myy

I could of shot my 1st deer 2 years ago. (yes I am still a virgin to buckfever) I was coming down this hill. I was a nice 6 pointer. I rasied my gun and I grunted. Don't ask me why I grunted at a deer that was coming right at me. but them I click the safty off and the darn thing started to run shot 3 times and never hit it. I am sad I cryed myself to sleep that night. and it was the last day for firearms too frown.gif