Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huskie

Deer processing--Nw suburbs of Twin Cities

12 posts in this topic

We have our two deer cut up, meat all boned out. The place we used to go to is closed. Can anyone recommend a butcher shop in the Elk River area that is reasonably priced and will make sausage, sticks and brats for our venison? Thanks.

Not Elk River, but not to far away is Mark's Meats in Circle Pines... they do an awesome job! I live in the S/E metro and made the drive up there to have my sausage made in past years. I do most of it myself now, but may have them do my sticks still, as their's are very good! so is their summer, italian, and smoked brats.

Good Luck!

Ken

I've been using Anoka Meats the last couple of years and some of their stuff is great. We love their breakfast links probably the most. Sticks are good but not the best I've had, summer sausage alright by my standards but my brother-in-law has a place he prefers for those.

They do a great job on my burger as well. I also think their brats are really good and I tried their Italian Sausage in a stew this week (my buddies sausage) and it was very good.

Von Hanson's is good and they are all over the North Metro. I picked up my sticks last night and I believe that the old Mark's Meats in now owned by Von Hanson's as well.

I recommend the hot pepperoni sticks either with or without the jalapeno cheese. Both are outstanding if you like a little kick in your sticks.

Von Hansens in Elk River has been good, and A-1 meats in maple lake, also has done great work for me with sausage, and smoked brats.

Are you implying Elk River Meats on Main St is Closed? Say it ain't so! They've always done great summer suasage and sticks for me.

TJ

I am going to guess he is talking about the nowthen market.....

I always use Steffens meats in Albertville. They always do a good job and aren't bad on the wallet either. Hopefully I'll be dropping some off there in a couple weeks. ( My season opens on the 18th-3b)

I hear Osseo Meat's does a good job.

And "Mark's Meats" was purchased by Von Hanson's(Mark got cancer and passed away) and is called "Circle Pines Sausage Haus". If they use Mark's recipes, I can guarantee everything will be quite tasty.

i have always used osseo meats and they are great. i live in BP so it is not far from home either.

iceman

McDonald's Meats in Clear Lake

I have had good luck with both Steffens Meats (Albertville) and Osseo Meats.