Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jill

Gophers vs. Huskies

16 posts in this topic

So what are everyone's predictions for this weekend's series? I am looking forward to attending the game in St. Cloud on Saturday. laugh.gif

St. Cloud sweep of the rodents!!!

Quote:

Funny, I didn't think it was April 1st already.... tongue.gif

If the gophers played like they did last weekend I'll go with the split frown.gif

Quote:

Really? I mean it's obvious where your heart is, and thats fine... but if you had to lay down some of that hard earned cash of yours, what would you say then? I believe MN is better than SCSU by a fair amount, however I also believe in the "overly loud annoying 80's hairband music blarring over the speakers and they think it's cool factor" blush.gif going on up there.... therefore my prediction 3-3 tie and Gophers 4-2 for three points and a successful road trip.

Quote:

however I also believe in the "overly loud annoying 80's hairband music blarring over the speakers and they think it's cool factor"
blush.gif
going on up there....

I hear you Buzzsaw, but being an alum of both SCSU and the U of MN, I have to tell you that I would take the atmosphere of a game in St. Cloud over Mariucci. Okay, I know I am opening up a can of worms here, but it just kills me when I go to Mariucci and see so few students and many corporate seats left open. It is definitely a great rink/arena, but it just lacks that college feel sometimes.

Anyways, I better get out my Guns n' Roses CD to brush up on the lyrics for Saturday night. grin.gif

I can't disagree, mariucci arena is an older crowd, but not old people... just not a bunch of drunk college kids acting like caged animals... I digress. I personally would way rather go to a game at mariucci then the way overrated arena in St. Cloud.... just get seats at either end and you can also participate the chants without being an indignant drunken college kid.

Quote:

I can't disagree, mariucci arena is an older crowd, but not old people... just not a bunch of drunk college kids acting like caged animals... I digress. I personally would way rather go to a game at mariucci then the way overrated arena in St. Cloud.... just get seats at either end and you can also participate the chants without being an indignant drunken college kid.

I agree but I did enjoy my days as a drunken college kid. grin.gif

Quote:

It is definitely a great rink/arena, but it just lacks that college feel sometimes.

My feelings exactly! I would put Mariucci right behind NoDak for best arena in the area. (Sidebar, if you haven't been to NoDak, make the trip --it's worth the drive) I also get a kick out of the Goph's coordinated chants.

But the Marriucci experience is just different from the smaller rinks. Those ethanol induced chants are a big part of the college game. Like last weekend, "Fra-zee's Was-ted"

And back to original topic. Though close, I see the Goph's sweep. Maybe a little bad blood from the final five semi last year?

I have not been to the SCSU arena, I can say that going to Mariucci for many gopher fans is like going to Lambeau to watch a game for packer fans. I can say I have been to UND several times (not the new arena) and that is a great atmosphere as well. I remember watching someone from the maroon and gold skate around a dead gopher and scoring a goal up there it was great.

I think the Gophers will get out the brooms this weekend.

I think we’re losing sight of the most important thing here. Since I’m married to Jill… and she is going to the game in St. Cloud Saturday night… I have to miss my Saturday night pick-up game because I have to stay home to take care of Mr. Hockey 2023! Anyone up for babysitting in the Lakeville area Saturday night? I have a 56” HD TV with the Center Ice package and CSTV for you to watch while the boy sleeps. It’s a pretty sweet set-up! Anyone? Anyone?

Thats a terrific offer, however Ill be at home with my two munchkins watching the game as well... with a cold beer or two after a long day of Bow Hunting in Murphy Hanrehan. wink.gif

I'll be watching the game with my two year old daughter in my lap, just like every other game. Good luck find a babysitter.

Definitely one of the worst games the Gophs have skated all year. I thought they were pretty flat last weekend, but tonight was worse. St. Cloud definitely should have put it away.

Two things about tonight's game: gopher's were not moving to the puck. A lot of reaching for around and hooking. They got beat several times tonight standing around. They had trouble breaking out of their zone when they were standing around.

The other thing was mental mistakes. Just about every defensemen tonight was making errors including vanelli. Okposo's gaff at the blue line coughed up a goal, as did Vanelli's penalty behind the net, resulting in a power play goal. Briggs must have had a brain fart tonight, as he let in some soft goals. He was not playing angles well, and what was with that last goal? tuck that elbow in man!

Gophers need to pick up the pace tomorrow night. When they skate and move the puck around, they are unstoppable. The CC series was a fine example of how well the Gophers play when they skate and move.

tomorrow's gonna be rough at the NSC; gophers better bring their A-game and skate like they've got something to prove.

WHOMEVER SAID A SPLIT WAS RIGHT.... Yuck!!

unfortunately it was me, and I was right frown.gif

At least the gophs pulled their tails out of their rears and saved face this game. If they wouldn't have stepped up in the third and OT it would have been ugly. The Huskies looked really good tonight though. After that skuller shot, Frazee got beat stone cold on that third goal. Must have stung...

atleast the wild won,now that was a good game