• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sturgeon Excursion

barnyard

I think I'll take you up on the offer this time Tom. Thanks! Maybe when we get closer to the selected date I can just run over and pick things up from you?

Other thing I'd like to get is a contour map of the area. Wonder if Shuesters (sp??) or somewhere else might have a lake map of the area?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• harvey lee

• hanson

• DTro

• eyepatrol

Not a problem Eric. I will have the rods all rigged up and will have extra hooks and weights for you.

As far as the maps, you might try Sportsman Connections books. I have the Southern Mn one and it has pretty good detail. One might also go to the DNR web page and look as they might also have something you could print off.

Good advise Dtro. I'm not sold on the circle hooks for 100%, but I might give them a try at the 07 SturgExc. I cannot wait.

Oh yeah, forgot about the DNR website. I'll check there first, otherwise the Sportsman Connection books are pretty nice (I have 2 of them).

Already "giddy" about this event. I need to get out and take care of some withdrawls! wink.gif

BTW...is this a fish Saturday go home Sunday type of event, or how long does it last? Was thinking of leaving on a Thursday to take a little more time off and stretch the weekend out.

Eric

You could fish all weekend if you want. Lasy year we fished Friday,Saturday and Sunday morning and then went to Red lake and stopped for awhile as long as it was on the way home. Some others will fish northerns some too. Many options for the weekend.

This fall, I'd say we had at least a 95% hook-up percentage with circle hooks. They worked really well for us.

Like DTRO said, a stiff rod is a no-no. A nice, limber tip is the key!

Quote:

Shhhhhh...don't tell Jonny P about this. Pleeeeeeease.

Just so you know wise guy I was looking out over the water at that spot two weeks ago and thinking back to the "secret" that Dennis Steele figured out and how we plan to use that to our full advantage this coming year to be rulers of the excursion. I have a new and improved back and I am seeking revenge on those fish.

Quote:

Just so you know wise guy I was looking out over the water at that spot two weeks ago and thinking back to the "secret" that Dennis Steele figured out and how we plan to use that to our full advantage this coming year to be rulers of the excursion.

You guys going to pull the hitch pins on everyone's boat trailers? blush.gif

Don't worry Hanson you are safe, I heard your better then 90% of the anglers out there. I just can't touch that, especially on my home waters.

blush.gif

I finally heard that story the other day.

It just got me to thinking and figured a locking hitch pin is safe insurance regardless.

Quote:

Just so you know wise guy I was looking out over the water at that spot two weeks ago and thinking back to the "secret" that Dennis Steele figured out and how we plan to use that to our full advantage this coming year to be rulers of the excursion.

Blah Blah Blah grin.gif

You can't use explosives now....

Did someone say secret? grin.gif

We had a secret in our boat too.

It's all about the mugs cool.gif

Not only that, but we put in a lot of effort to find "our spot" and we have a waypoint marked so nobody else fish there.....ok?

Browsing around wink.gif I've noticed that this thing is getting geared up already. Either that or somebody wants to be first out of the chute. At any rate it would be nice to get some details......Dennis....anyone?

Its' ONLY 4 months away LOL grin.gif

I had a secret in our boat and it was the sturgeon killer Paulie Waldowski. This dude put us on some killer fish and the numbers were also very good.

Paul is the man. cool.gifcool.gif

Paul W.'s secret was his slipping anchors that put him in place for the real secret that produced many fish for his boat. It' all about the trees.

How is that for riddle me this and riddle me that?

Quote:

Paul W.'s secret was his slipping anchors that put him in place for the real secret that produced many fish for his boat. It' all about the trees.

How is that for riddle me this and riddle me that?

Oh I get it wink.gif

You've been dumping those "Reel Weeds" down there all year long. No wonder they are out of stock everywhere

grin.gif

Quote:

Browsing around
wink.gif
I've noticed that this thing is getting geared up already. Either that or somebody wants to be first out of the chute.

I was doing some browsing too and noticed we made the highlight tape. smile.gif

In case anyone forgot, the 63" was dtro's fish. Go Team FM! wink.gif

Quote:

Not only that, but we put in a lot of effort to find "our spot" and we have a waypoint marked so nobody else fish there.....ok?

You bet your arse we put a lot of effort into finding that little honey hole! OK, there's no boats sitting right there so lets anchor. Never moved the rest of the day. grin.gif

Where is the highlight video? Maybe, I don't have access to it.

Stureon Excursion 07 is pretty high on the list of things to do this year. What can be better than good campany and BIG FISH!

mw

Quote:

Where is the highlight video? Maybe, I don't have access to it.

Stureon Excursion 07 is pretty high on the list of things to do this year. What can be better than good campany and BIG FISH!

mw

Sorry if I confused you, there were another bunch of guys up there the same time also and that is the highlight tape Hanson mentioned.....funny both Hanson and I made the "other" tape grin.gif

As a fisherman I consider us all one big happy family wink.gif

The reason that I started the thread is because it is almost time to start bidding vacations for next year. Dates would be a wonderful thing......

Tom B

Quote:

As a fisherman I consider us all one big happy family

And that's the way it should be!

I really hope FM selects the same days...it's great to pick on, rib and just plain ol' harrass freinds on the water.

All I really hope for is weather like last year...the only word I can think of when I think of last years weather is...."SWWWWEEEETTT!"

I promise not to anchor too close to Tylor this year.

I hope to actually SEE JonnyP up there.

And...

I promise not to send Hanson to the wrong side of LOTWs. (but I have my fingers crossed) grin.gif

PS Dtro? I have THE secret bait that is going to make your 63" look like a shovelnose!

Strawberry Jello injected night crawlers with a little air added to keep them slightly off the bottom.

Killer bait!

Quote:

PS Dtro? I have THE secret bait that is going to make your 63" look like a shovelnose!

Strawberry Jello injected night crawlers with a little air added to keep them slightly off the bottom.

Killer bait!

grin.gif

You try that, and I'll try my "Medusa" gob of crawlers that have been swimming in shad juice all winter.

I hoping for the weekend of April 20th as well wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:

The reason that I started the thread is because it is almost time to start bidding vacations for next year. Dates would be a wonderful thing......

Tom B

I see a suggestion for the weekend of April 20th.

Anyone? Anyone??

smirk.gif

Last year was April 21-23, so I say lets do it April 20-22 this year.

I have not read this entire thread, but is there any mention of the logding deal Schusters had last year?