Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roosterslayer

all season question?

10 posts in this topic

with the all season license if i dont shoot any deer during the rifle season i can fill all three tags while using archery or muzzle loader or both. Is this correct?

3 or maybe more depending on where you are and if you buy additional tags. Regardless only one can be a buck and the rest antlerless.

thanks just wanted to make sure i had it correct.

With the all season license you get 2 antlerless tags and 1 either or tag which can be used for your one legal buck OR for a third antlerless deer.

With that combination of tags on the all season license and assuming you hunt in the correct area for legal antlerless harvest, you can take two 2 antlerless and 1 buck OR 3 antlerless deer (again check your area for harvest of antlerless deer).

The restriction is that if you take 3 antlerless deer they cannot ALL come from within the same hunting season. What that means is its okay (for example) to take one doe by archery and shoot 2 more with your gun or muzzleloader, but you cannot take all 3 antlerless within the same season (all 3 taken by archery, or rifle, or muzzy). If you are going to take 3 deer within the same season (all archery, or all by firearm, or all by muzzleloader) with the all season license, at least 1 of them must be a legal buck. Otherwise you have to take at least one of the antlerless by a different method from the other two.

Hope I got that right and explained it clearly enough.

If you only have the All Season license and don't shoot your buck during the regular firearms season you can still fill all 3 tags but you cannot shoot 3 Doe in the Muzzleloader season or 3 doe in the Archery. From the way I read it you can shoot 3 doe but 1 would have to be with the opposite weapon. And out of the 3 tags only 1 can be a Buck. I also think it says that during the regular firearm season unless you applied and recieved a doe tag you can only shoot a buck during these 2 weekends.

Say I am rifle hunting in an area you can take does without applying for it.....can I shoot 2 does with my rifle and use the antlerless tags only and not waste the either buck/doe tag?

If you are in an Intensive harvest permit area then yes. I believe if you are in a Management permit area you could only use 1.

The regs also say to use the antlerless first b4 the either or tag to maximize your chances.

the regs say that you can use both anterless tags in either intensive or management areas.

you can shoot a doe without a doe permit if you take it with bow and arrow even if gun season is open