Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
styx

Perch

3 posts in this topic

I hope to make it up this weekend. Great info on the trolling bite at night. Does anyone have some tips to share regarding perch fishing this time of year. I will likely be launching out of Terry's Boat Harbor.

Thanks

Shallow 3-6 ft, on rocks. look long enough and a limit should come.You should have no trouble finding Terry's at night, just left of garrison, if you can't see Garrison it is a blizzard. laugh.gif

Get a detailed contour map and look for any any little projections coming from the shore. Like TRZ said they are shallow on these rock projections. You might have to hit several spots but once you get a few anchor up. The school will come and go so you'll have a flurry followed by a dead time. Keep casting your slip bobber around the boat until you find them again and then blanket that area. We've found them in St Albans and Garrison bays doing what I have described.