Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
ddp

Windetector

ddp    0
ddp

Anybody have any home remedies for a windetector? Just curious if anybody uses anything different. I’m assuming I can make one with flour or something. Any ideas would be appreciated. I know I can buy one for $4 but that would be too easy smile.gif More or less what to see if there are any crazy concepts out there.

Tic toc tic toc… is it Saturday yet?

Happy Hunting to all!

Enjoy the moments shared and be safe.

Dustin

Birddog7mm    0
Birddog7mm

This is what I've done for years and it works. Take 12" piece of sewing thread and tie it to a downy feather from a duck or goose or Bald eagle or whatever and and attach this somewhere that you see while your on stand. It really is surprising how much the wind can shift from morning to afternoon.

ddp    0
ddp

Interesting..

i just might have to try it... need something to keep me occupied in the stand

mechanictim    0
mechanictim

If you want to see what the wind is doing further downwind, try to find some Milkweed seed pods or cattail pods, by letting them out a few at a time you can see where your scent is going a lot further than most powders. I usually grab some around the first of October and let them dry in a vehicle, but if you find some now they should still be good and dry. They are free and have no deer spooking odors.

roosterslayer    0
roosterslayer

i have used just plain cotton balls, tear small pieces off and drop from your stand, and most will carry for a small distance.

DooWap    0
DooWap

Talc powder works well too

ddp    0
ddp

what is that talc powder?

BigWadeS    0
BigWadeS

something like gold bond?

harvey lee    13
harvey lee

I dont remember the name of the stuff,but it comes in like a snuff can and you can pull some out and let it go in the wind.Its like fine cotton strips.Works well.