Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hecker

Zipper replacement?

10 posts in this topic

Any of you fine fokes know of anyone who could replace the zipper on my Eskimo Quick Flip II? Would also be nice to have a metal one. I'm not ready to spring for a otter yet.

South metro prefered but not necessary.

Thanks

Hecker

Try a shoe repair place. I've had sleeping bags and the boat top zippers repaired at places like that.

About 5 or 6 years ago I had a tent zipper replaced at a military surplus company. I don't remember the name of it, but it was about 28th AV SE., one block North of University Av. (Next to the U of M campus). Check for military surplus in the yellow pages. Also there a one or two custom boat top/travel cover business's in the Savage/Shakopee area that may do it.

That would be Harris equipment or something like that

Send it in to Eskimo they had problems with them. My fishing partner got a new skin and poles sent to him when his zipper, window and pole snaps all busted in the 1st month of use.

As they say, You get what you pay for.

In the Duluth area I know all the tent and awning shops will do them. Like Duluth Tent and Awning and Proctor Canvas. I know they dont help you but you must have something simular in your neck of the woods.

Thanks for the advice! I dident even think of any of the mentioned places. I talked to Eskimo and a new skin would run about 2 Bills. "As they say, You get what you pay for." I knew what I was buyin. grin.gif So I would never be dissapointed.

Thank guys

I'll let you know who I went with.

later Hecker

Hecker, how long is your zipper ? I have some marine types but they are only 72" long and white color, but $ 1.75 each

I also have access to zippers that are used for ice houses. If you know how long it is I can see if I can get it for ya but you still have to go someplace to get it sewn in. Zipers are cheap its the labor that kills ya.

Sorry guys, I should have checked back sooner. Thanks for the zipper offers. I got it fixed for $25.00 they also patched up a few burn holes. I got alot better service than I was asking for anyway. I ended up at a boat cover place in Mound (permatop).

Thanks for the help

Hecker

If it's a matter of the zipper not closing, it could easily be just the toggle. The inside gets worn and doesn't pull the teeth close enough together anymore. Like it was said, a pretty inexpensive repair for a canvas or shoe man. I had that happen on a tent once and Eureka sent me free toggles and I (er... my wife) did it pretty easily at home.