Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Jim Hudson

One From Wisconsin... WOW!!

Jim Hudson

Check out this brute.. Definately a buck for the magazines!!! Supposabely shot in Adams county by an Amish Hunter and greened at 295 NT. Quite the rack on this big boy...

amishbuck1pb5.jpg

amishbuck21nq9.jpg

harvey lee

I dont even know what to say.

lawdog

That's pretty clearly two different bucks...

HutchBucks

Look again lawdog...same buck in both pics.

Big-Al

It certainly is impressive. I sure would think that it could be the same deer.

Stratosman

It looks like the same deer if you look closely....

harvey lee

I can tell with one side and the other the angle is tough but I would agree,same huge deer.Lucky guy.

Gofishleech

This has been another board for a week or so,,,on that board it states its is from Ohio, shot (arrowed) opening day.

tealitup

wow. holy... son of a ... your f____ kidding me...

Jim Hudson

Yeah in the e-mail I got it said from WI... I am always a bit skeptical on place of kill of these big deer. I hope to find more about it from some other folks. Havent heard any buzz in WI besides the e-mail. But in regards to the photos, you can pretty much tell it is the same deer.

David Frank

UMMMMMMMMMM..... WOW!

Looks like the same deer in both pics to me.

iffwalleyes

That deer appears to have a tree stuck on it's head.

birdswacker

I thought the amish had to wear all black wool no camo and had to grow the half beard thing????

harvey lee

Must be a new Amish group.Special clothes and beards optional.You always have to be a little wary of internet pics.Sometimes things are not as they seem to be.

Still a big deer.I thought just maybe that was Cooters buck. wink.gif

How was this buck taken,archery or special gun season? If this is a archery buck,then it must be a record of some sort.

USPENAMC

i thought amish were not allowed to take any sort of picture or look at mirrors due to the reflection or a picture being something bad ...something to do with religion i believe ill research it and post a bit

lawdog

Quote:

Look again lawdog...same buck in both pics.

I still think its not. Look at the left antler. Where is that G2 point with all the junk and the palmation in pic #2? Also, where is the point that runs basically parallel to the main beam? Plus the overall shape of the rack is different. The top pic the beams come towards each other where the bottom rack they just keep spreading...

Eric Wettschreck

I guess it really doesn't matter who shot it and where it was shot.

It's friggin huge!!!!

Sutty

I think they are great pics but also think it is differant deer. The drop tine seems more prominent on the bottom pic and the ends of the main beams look like they curve up in the second pic and curve forward in the other pic if that makes sense.

McGurk

Great deer, but I'd have to agree with LawDog and say 2 different deer. The top has definite arching on the overall antler structure, where the bottom antlers come more straight out.

I'd be willing to throw the red challenge flag due to the wizards of Photoshop and how the pictures seem obviously different to me, and the Amish story is a little off base. Not that they couldn't, but that they'd probably keep it to themselves and not brag. Interesting question; do they have to register their deer as we do? Also, there are a lot of non-typical Amish folk in the background of the bottom pic. I could be wrong, though.

Remember the internet hype on that monster Bass a few months ago? True fish, but way different stories at first. These could be true deer, but I'd need a validated story that was independently checked, not an email with a couple of pictures. They do get the blood pumping, though.

Cooter

Quote:

Still a big deer.I thought just maybe that was Cooters buck

I'd let something like that grow up a bit - let em go, let em grow I like to say grin.gif Poor thing probably just got kicked out by mama and was wondering along all alone - friggin bambi killers shocked.gif

snapcrackpop

I say same deer. Some points are comming at the camera that arent' on the other picture. Like the palmation one and the parallel one with a fork.

Deitz Dittrich

I say same deer, but maybe some photoshop?

Tyler Holm

I think I'd be a little happier iffin that were me! Looks like a smokin nice buck.

harvey lee

I am always a little leary of internet deer,as they most always end up to be just a huge fabricated story. confused.gif

icehousebob

That do be a beast. I have a possible scenerio for the non-Amish looking guy. The Amish hunter brought it in to register and refused to have his own picture taken but allowed someone else to hold up the deer,s head for a photo to be taken. Sound possible??