• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Location ,stance and dominenceWalleye verses Small Mouth Bass

So is displacement actually a factor in waters for fish species???Today Rick Nest Lake< Randy Eagle Lake ,Marlin Green Lake,and myself Nest Lake went to Green Lake Near Spicer MN. to fish for some Walleye.At arrival about 9;00 A>M> we saw a showing of fish species doing a dance of alpha standout dominence that would amaze anyone anytime anywhere.For over 2 hours we watched these species of fish jumping so far out of the water and so often that even thou they wouldnt take a hook for a million chances we were left in awe and still all feel stunned.It was like dolphins or off shore bait you see on telivision when so many fish keep up a show .I think that if the wind doesnt change tonight that tommorw morning will be the same.We went back and forth thru these fish for over two hours and they just kept doing this showing of powers that now makes me believe that displacement of species may be decided on only a few horurs of interaction per year to get terratory rights.It was kinda like a gang fight without weapons and definatly worth seeing.This occred today between 9 and 11 am but didnt happen yesterday.Fish did bite here yesterday ,and today even thou we saw hundreds of them above the water and more on graph they wouldnt touch any presentation given to them.We went out again this afternoon untildark and people were gatting both smaal mouth and walleye by Browns cabin.This WEird happening was strsight out from office in 18 to 22 feet water county park campgrounds Green Lake.Yes we do know the difference in fish species and these were the kind I refer to here and not rough fish.Check it out.

Were you saying that what you saw were actually walleye & SM bass fighting for territory?

Eyewarrior,no We never actually saw a fish fight another fish but did see an incredible amount of the two species of fish jumping in and out of the water.Also We fished this area three more times since and it still holding a lot of fish.The numbers are not as great as other morning but they are significant.There were a number of fish biting yesterday,we went out early and again afternoon till dark.Was slow for catch on many graphed areas but when we found the ones willing to bite we had fun and stayed on that area.Also the same spots as th,fr.I am not going out this morning but if someone has time go out in front of campgrounds and see if its still happening.18 to 22 feet.Our best fishing is near the boat landing by old millstaying on top of graphed fish north of landing,others in boat were jigging fatheads andchub minnows on plain hooks behind lindys and I was tossing plastics on tinsle jigs.

walli, did you hit the croix on saturday? I was working a Cabela's, not able able to get out. I'll hit the lake in a few minutes, then going back to Cabela's their showing how to make sausage a 2:00 would be nice know more. Saw video's but you only get so much from them. I pickles some pannies last sunday. Tries some today, they are not going to last long. MMMMM goood smile.gif Have to get some snot rockets to make more.

Prime have you tried using a aqua vu, to check out the fish? I sat on a large group wit no bites, dropped the cam only to find carp. Seems they are more active this time of year.

HEY JIM,

Don't forget to bring some pickled pannies or slimmers for taste check grin.gif, I love that kinda stuff. Specially during holidays I like a few smoked pheasant and home made pickles if I can find some yummmmmmmmmm. I use to go to these old dinner places as they will serve pickle hearing or so when you order steak or some big dinners, but not any more. smirk.gif

SUCKERS! They look a lot like a walleye with the same color of skin and a white tipped tails. From a glance at far away its hard for anyone to tell the difference. I found that when I put my camera down on time. I was wondering why I wasn't catching them so called "walleyes" on the sonar!

Yes we did use a camera and even ate some,also John P.,nest lake had been getting limits since Saturday before and had seen this occurence.So it actually went on for about 7 days and maybe before that.He said that the ones he cleaned were full of sunfish.The three I kept were holding a mixed smorgasboard.I did however switch to 3 inch Berkly sunfish minnow.J.P.was using jig and fatheads.He probaly fished this 5 days too.Yes I was asking the question of what were these fish doing.Answer was eating sunfish.We all know fish species .Some said without seeing them that it might be tullibee,Local you saw suckers ,we saw smallmouth and few walleyes doing this all around our boat and camera shwed nice numbers of both and catch and release and other fishermen hitting it 5 out of 7 days defined it.Jabron dont throw out your big dead suckers the next couple weeks,put them in a sealed bag and put them aside for us and will take you out between 2 too 5;30 one day and show you somethimg real cool.Yes it is pickling time first couple weeks november pike go wild.George lake laying the stinky large dead suckers down below the crosses on sand 15 to 18 feet almost always brings a good result.2 days dead and lime colored Elmer Hinckly jigs makes them wild.