Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dan Thiem

Zumbro muskies!

17 posts in this topic

I've been trying all October to hook something over 40" Tonight was my night. Close to the 46" mark of pure muscle! I didn't remember to get a girth.

Caught in less than 2 f.o.w. in current with a sand bottom. I was using a Poe's Giant Jackpot. WooHoo! grin.gif

That fish went back strong too. So next year....... wink.gif

zumbromuskiein2.jpg

Very impressive Dan. Nice fish!!!

dang! very very nice

congrats! awsome fish dan, gonna get a replica mount made?

That is one heck of a fish. congrats Dan!

Absolutely freaking awesome Dano. Great job and congrats on the monster ski.

Quite a feat. I'm happy for ya. I know you've been chasing them quite often.

Holy cow! A giant Catfish, 10# Walleye numerous other fine fish and now a 46" Muskie. You are the fisherking of SE Minnesota. How ya gonna top this next year? cool.gif

Fabulous fish Dan!! That had to be an awesome fight.

Simply Awesome Dan! I love that river!!!

Book 'em Dano. Strong Work!

Very Very Very Nice Dan!!!!

You deserve that one!

Wow. Nice fish!!! Did you catch it north or south of the dam?

Thanks everybody. I sure was a happy camper last night leaving voicemails on peoples cell phones.

Top water lures, I can't say how exciting it is watching swipes and boils. This one struck at my lure twice on the same retrieve. The only thing different was the third time it swiped at it I noticed my lure wasn't on the surface anymore. So I set the hook hard and then I felt it. It ran the drag on the Garcia 5500c pretty good too. Only fought it for a couple minutes at the most.

Slayer, I have been up and down the river this year from the Green Bridge all the way to Millville. So it wasn't caught in the lake but in the river. wink.gif

Every single time I went I always got my camera mounted on the tri-pod, hook remover pliers, and got everything ready just in case. Well last night I almost didn't do that. I was thinking that I always do that and I never get anything. I'm sure glad I did. That way the fish is only out of the water for a very short time.

During the release I put her in and her gills were flaring almost imediatley. I held on to her tail as long as I could then she swam out about 10 feet from shore. Then, she just sat there. Not rolled over or anything. She looked like she was stunned or something. So I walked into the water and got up to about up to my pants pockets deep. But as soon as she saw me she bolted away very hard and fast.

Quote:

gonna get a replica mount made?

Naw, maybe if I had Tylers money I could. But I guess the pictures will get enlarged and framed for the wall anyway.

So Dan what does that reel sound like now?

Quote:

So Dan what does that reel sound like now?

blush.gif

I took it apart an lubed it a couple weeks ago. What a difference that made.

You know exactly where I was too. We've fished that same spot together twice before.

Your voicemail last night was awesome. I hope to have one of those for you in the next few weeks. Pool 2 pig eyes...

Your true outdoorsmanship shines when you do things like think ahead. Great job on being prepared to catch a fish prior to doing so. It sounds like your fish is certainly going to live to fight another day (hopefully with me).

Wow, Dan. Way to go!

It's always great to see a picture to confirm the story. smile.gif