Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Daze Off

Mississippi in Rice Lake/Lum Park Area?

Daze Off

Since all the water around the north metro has suddenly gotten so skinny I thought I would make a final smallie trip to Brainard/Lum Park this weekend. Not asking for spots or advice but for water conditions - is there enough water to float a boat from the Lum Park landing and travel up the river from there or has that been drawn down as well?

Would really appreciate the feedback. Thanks,

Daze Off

swampbuck

you can safely run up river about 15 miles, there are lot of dead heads, and a few shallow spots, but it is pretty easy running. you dont have to go far to catch them, any exposed bank without rice has fish.

French rapids is a good starting spot.

the bite will be getting a little tougher now.

I know bass guys dont like live bait, but if you bring a dozen redtails you will catch smallies! this time of year its all about getting a hook in a few more. also DT10's, and ttexas rigged tubes will work good.

Daze Off

Awesome, swampbuck! Thanks for the report and the advice! I can't let the fishing season go without at least one more crack at some fish....this is the only time of year that I bring live bait with me as it can really make the difference.

Daze Off

swampbuck

send me a pm and I will give you some spots jjanousek at crestliner.com

Daze Off

It's on the way - thanks! smile.gif

Daze Off

Daze Off

swampbuck - did you get the pm I sent from my other e-mail address? confused.gif

Daze Off