• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking to go down to Zumbro this weekend for some fall muskie fishing. Can anyone tell me where the best place to locate them is? Is it easy to find the fish? Any water hazards I have to worry about? How is the muskie fishing on Zumbro in general?

Thanks!

your best bet is to go below the dam and fish the river. i know it is not your normal muskie fishing but there are lots of them down there. However i have never heard of anyone targeting muskie in the lake and having much sucess. HOwever there are few places that i have seen them. That is in Rousches bay and Ryans bay. Best wishes and let us know how you do. ike

thanks for the tips! if i could pick your brain a little more....when you say, "go below the dam and fish the river"...how far down from the dam would you go? is the river pretty wide? or shallow? and where would i launch my boat to go after them there? have you really seen that many past the dam, because i thought the dnr stocked them in the lake? i wonder if they "spilled" over the dam?

i have a map, and i see ryan's bay, but not Rousches bay. where is that bay located at?

thanks a ton!

Try this too. Go to Google then click on maps. Type in Oronoco, mn. In the upper right hand there will be three buttons. Click on hybrid and zoom in until you find enough detail for what you're looking. You'll see that Ryan's Bay is a Peninisula. Don't know how to fish it for Muskie, however. Good luck.

hey randy just wanted to say welcome to the world of quick information. good luck and thanks for joining. ike

Yes, Welcome Randyjr to HotSpotOutdoors and FishingMinnesota.com

Glad to have you aboard