Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ikeslayer

macs

5 posts in this topic

i am wondering if things are heating up below macs. i am thinking about giving it a go in the next couple of days. ike

Sorry Ike. There is no fishing allowed at Mac's anymore... none...nada...not even if you pay.

Ikeslayer,

Mac's may be closed to parking, but is the water closed to fishing???

I fished from the green bridge up to the plunge pool on Sunday. I tossed jigs and plastics for smallmouth and sauger, and husky jerks and smithwicks for exox, and didn't even get a bite. I've fished this stretch since I was a kid with my Grandfather in the 60's, and I'd like to think I know it well enough to find the fish. Yesterdays water was low and clear, but something is up with that stretch ~ it's really changed in the last 5-years (about the time the zebras were introduced). I find some fish in the summer months, but not like it used to be. No more 50 fish outings on the tail waters. I miss it.

Anyone have a theory?

yeah i know that you can't get into macs anymore and that is a shame however there are some alternate routes of getting down there and i was wondering if anyone had been down there lately. i am looking to do a blast and cast trip where the rod is in hand and the gun is accross the lap for ducks and geese. Wondering if anyone has had any luck in the area. Goody it sounds like that was rough. I don't know what i would have done differently. best wishes to all and let me know if you have any hints. ike

Ikeslayer,

Spoke to a man last night that knows the zumbro better then the back of his hand, and he still has great outings on that stretch of water from Macs on down ~ as recent as last week. Could have been the cold front or the pace I was working upstream to cover the miles. Probably a combination of the two. Go for it, work the deeper water slowly, and best of luck. Post a report if you are inclined.