Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
KidWalleye

OK.....I'll start this one

KidWalleye    0
KidWalleye

Every year we post list of things we bring to deer camp. I know it helped me to remember a few thing s last year. We should post 3 things that people tend to forget. I bet it will help a few of us. And if not it's fun to talk about deer camp anyways.

Camera.....Forgot 2 years ago. Shot my first deer and have no pic of it

Watch.....We want to shoot when it is legal

String....Now we have to use string or wire to tag deer

What are the odds I forget one of these things? Haha

Have a safe deer hunting season, Kid

David Frank    0
David Frank

1. License (A return trip home is never fun)

2. Water (bottles for hydration, Jugs for rinsing out deer and washing hands)

3. Rubber Gloves (Saves on clean up when gutting deer, just be sure to pack them out with you)

The list could go on and on, but these are things that I have forgotten in the past.

Fishdeer    0
Fishdeer

yeh seems every year we forget the string to put the tag on! You know how many shoelaces have been shortened !

rippinlips    0
rippinlips

I've never done this one but know a few that have and it's the main item to pack and should pack first weapon of choice gun or bow.

BobT    104
BobT

Add plastic bag for the heart if you don't destroy it.

Bob

love to hunt    0
love to hunt

Hand warmers

Thermos

Zip ties (I use them instead of string)

batteries for the flashlight

TP

cupper    0
cupper

Good call on the TP... dry oak leaves just don't get it done.

1. Knife

2. Long Underwear

3. Rain Poncho

xedge2002    0
xedge2002

1.Rope - to drag deer if you have a long drag and to pull stuff up to your stand.

2.Chair or bucket to sit on(I forget this every year. Lucky we stay at my grandparents and my grandpa is a farmer so he has tons of buckets.)

3. Beer - for skinning & defatting deer at night grin.gif

BigWadeS    0
BigWadeS

Well every year I have been lucky enough to make a few lists and double check and load the vehicle about 4 days before...however...last year..no list and oh man what a mistake...my what a costly mistake that was...

1) Clip for semi-auot (expensive when you find one at a small town's convienant store)

2) Grunt Call

3) Beer

Johnny_Namakan    0
Johnny_Namakan

Don't forget the necessities:

1) Ibuprofine

2) Antacids

3) Baby wipes (work great for cleaning yourself up when you're in the middle of nowehere for a week with no running water)

WalleyeGod    0
WalleyeGod

Scent cover, scent lure, orange stocking cap.

Coach1310    1
Coach1310

1. Baby wipes(great for the unexpected squat and for cleaning up after gutting and easy to carry in a small travel case)

2. Zip ties(for tagging)- better than tangled rope and cutting to length

3. couple of plastic bags(for picking up trash you may find or for the heart/tongue etc)

charliepete2    0
charliepete2

Do you mean some people actually attached the license with string? So far I've used boot laces, green twigs, and a thin strip of doe ear. It took me years to remember to bring toilet paper, I've got a full line of belly shirts to prove it.

BigWadeS    0
BigWadeS

I have/had a full line of flannel shirts that all looked like they belonged to larry the cable guy...wonder if he always forgets TP as well confused.gifblush.gifgrin.gif