Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KidWalleye

OK.....I'll start this one

15 posts in this topic

Every year we post list of things we bring to deer camp. I know it helped me to remember a few thing s last year. We should post 3 things that people tend to forget. I bet it will help a few of us. And if not it's fun to talk about deer camp anyways.

Camera.....Forgot 2 years ago. Shot my first deer and have no pic of it

Watch.....We want to shoot when it is legal

String....Now we have to use string or wire to tag deer

What are the odds I forget one of these things? Haha

Have a safe deer hunting season, Kid

1. License (A return trip home is never fun)

2. Water (bottles for hydration, Jugs for rinsing out deer and washing hands)

3. Rubber Gloves (Saves on clean up when gutting deer, just be sure to pack them out with you)

The list could go on and on, but these are things that I have forgotten in the past.

yeh seems every year we forget the string to put the tag on! You know how many shoelaces have been shortened !

I've never done this one but know a few that have and it's the main item to pack and should pack first weapon of choice gun or bow.

Add plastic bag for the heart if you don't destroy it.

Bob

Hand warmers

Thermos

Zip ties (I use them instead of string)

batteries for the flashlight

TP

Good call on the TP... dry oak leaves just don't get it done.

1. Knife

2. Long Underwear

3. Rain Poncho

1.Rope - to drag deer if you have a long drag and to pull stuff up to your stand.

2.Chair or bucket to sit on(I forget this every year. Lucky we stay at my grandparents and my grandpa is a farmer so he has tons of buckets.)

3. Beer - for skinning & defatting deer at night grin.gif

Well every year I have been lucky enough to make a few lists and double check and load the vehicle about 4 days before...however...last year..no list and oh man what a mistake...my what a costly mistake that was...

1) Clip for semi-auot (expensive when you find one at a small town's convienant store)

2) Grunt Call

3) Beer

Don't forget the necessities:

1) Ibuprofine

2) Antacids

3) Baby wipes (work great for cleaning yourself up when you're in the middle of nowehere for a week with no running water)

Scent cover, scent lure, orange stocking cap.

1. Baby wipes(great for the unexpected squat and for cleaning up after gutting and easy to carry in a small travel case)

2. Zip ties(for tagging)- better than tangled rope and cutting to length

3. couple of plastic bags(for picking up trash you may find or for the heart/tongue etc)

Do you mean some people actually attached the license with string? So far I've used boot laces, green twigs, and a thin strip of doe ear. It took me years to remember to bring toilet paper, I've got a full line of belly shirts to prove it.

I have/had a full line of flannel shirts that all looked like they belonged to larry the cable guy...wonder if he always forgets TP as well confused.gifblush.gifgrin.gif