Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skeetman

Thursday Nite 10/19/06

3 posts in this topic

Well I might have to hang it up for my rifle. Tok out my 10 yr old son last night in hopes of showing him some big fish and a good time.

Started out at Liberty at 6:30 and trolled up to Lakeside. One nice 18" in the box in the first 10 minutes and thought it was going to be a great nite. Continued to troll lakeside and a little north with no more bites for two hours. Went to Hunters Point and trolled for another hour or so with no bites. Moved on to Big Point and landed nice 26 3/4" and that was it. Hung it up at 11:15 We were trolling from 5' out to 11'

Thats fishing. frown.gif

hey skeetman,

at least you got one for breakfast, if it made it that long...haha. you also got one thats 3/4" bigger than the biggest i got this year so far.

i am whimping out again today... :-( the weather is perfect, the boat is ready, but im not feeling energized enough to do the trip by myself. its a long day driving to mille lacs from st paul, fishing 8 hours or more, then driving home again and hopefully cleaning fish. guess the stars havent aligned...im not giving up on open water yet!

thanks for your report. times like those with your son have got to be priceless. ill bet it was a great trip!

regards,

minnesotatuff

Hey Minnesotatuff, I understand the long drive and all that. When I woke up Friday morning the old body felt pretty tired at work. Thursday nite was the fastest I ever cleaned a walleye I know that. My warm bed was waiting for me!!

It was a great trip spending time with my son. I remember times like those the most with my dad freezing in the boat or duck blind. I'm still keeping hope that the weather will break and we will see an Indian summer day but the way they are talking I don't see it soon.

Still keeping hope and getting blaze orange ready too. smile.gif

Skeetman