Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Royal Dutchman

The Bite

7 posts in this topic

Finally had time to get out & dropped in at 2PM near Mouth of Rapid River and hit fish right away. Lots of 15 to 18" fish. Released a 25" & 21" & had a 27-28" to the boat but hook pulled out before we could net it. Had several heavy fish on that we didn't see.

Guy with me caught his first Rainy walleye & struggled a bit but we boated at least 30 eyes in 4 hours. Wife & I could have done 50.

I used shiners & rainbows without much difference but may have caught bigger fish on Rainbows & I was giving them just a drop of Berkley Walleye formula.

Only fished the one spot cause no need to move. Maybe more tomorrow?

Saw an amazing fish tonight. A guest pulled up to the dock with an eye in the well that they claimed was 10lbs. They also said it was 25" and the alarms went off & we talked regs. and they decided to release it, but I got to look at it and take pictures & as bizarre as it sounds, I believe that it was a 25", 10lb. walleye. I am thrilled to report that it swam away with no apparent harm.

This fish looked like a 10lb. Largemouth. I have never seen an eye shaped like this one & would have loved to measure & weigh it myself but could only encourage a speady release.

Thanks for the report. Do you have a room available for 2 guys the nights of the 25th and 26th? Please e-mail me your answer. Thanks a lot.

Great report - Thanks. Heading up this evening and planning on hitting the river for the next three days. Can't wait. Today is probably going to be a long day at work.

Got out Friday and dropped in at 12:30. Banged a 16", dropped back and scored a 27" before the boat wake was settled. Hit 9 fish before I had to run back at 1:20 to pick a guy up. Back out at 2:30 and caught another 30 by 6PM.

Had several 29's in camp and a 30. Guys got in for last 2 hours of daylight. Put in at new Baudette ramp, motored up 200 yds, and popped a 24, 25, 26, & 28 before dark. They were giggling like school girls when they came in.

I love October!

See you guys Friday Doug. We have a room in the new side for Friday night.

Save me a 33"er ok? Shiners or Rainbows or both? Im guessing both?

Don't stop 5 bucks short of a good fishing trip. Bring both.

On Thursday I caught about even on both but thought maybe bigger fish on rainbows so only fished rainbows the last 2 days. Guys with me were using shiners & I whooped up on 'em pretty bad.

Kind of struggled today with only 10 fish in 3 hours with a 26" as tops & a very heavy fish lost. Had a couple of 28's in camp but general report was down. Cold & wind didn't help.

See ya Friday!

Fished the Little Fork area Friday & Saturday... Friday was definitely the better of the two days... two boats limited easily. Threw back plenty, but they were not biting fast & furious for us, or really anyone else in the area. Had some great fresh walleye Friday night & back at it Saturday.. was definitely colder & windier. Not near as good of fishing. Really had to work for them & we did not even come close to the # of fish as Friday. Got enough so all the guys could bring a limit back. Saw one boat catch a 25" & a real fat 28", but that was about it for big fish. Hope everyone else had a good weekend... it was still a blast even though fishing could have been a bit better....