Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eyepatrol

Anyone up for a guessing game?

36 posts in this topic

Okay, I know it's still early to be thinking of ice, but this spring I remember a post where we all guessed when ice would be off area lakes. Anybody want to flip that around and guess when ice will be BACK ON area lakes? smile.gif It could be sooner than later this year. wink.gif

My guess is most area lakes will be froze over by November 25. That gives us about 5 more weeks of open water to fish.

Won't be long before you hear 2hp motors on the lakes instead of 200hp motors! grin.gif

I am going with Dec. 5. I want it to be after duck season!!!

I will guess Nov. 23 for thin ice and Dec. 14 for fishable ice.

We'll be lucky to have fishable ice by December 10.

I'm gonna guess fishable ice on dec.10, with the big house on for sure by the 21st.

I guess the 20th dec., we haven;t had indian summer yet.

Its going to warm up around deer season again like it has the last several years i think walking ice december 15 big house ice december 29

Looking to be fishing on HARD WATER the 25th of Nov.

Sifty

My prediction, first good ice for fishing: Christmas eve.

I like your thinking efgh, time will come soon enough shocked.gif

I'm thinking that because I have a trip planned to Mille Lacs for the full moon the first week in November, we are going to see some 65 degree days and 40 degree nights! smirk.gif

It could be sooner than most people think if we continue to have nights under freezing. There was a thin coat on half of Mud Bay on Lake Washington this morning. I'll pick Nov. 15th for thin cover and December 5th for fishable.

It's been an unusually cold fall this year. Not that I mind though! wink.gif (quack quack!)

the ground temp is at 48 degrees already. the frost set in about an inch last night

fishable ice dec 15

Actually, any time in December will be fine. smirk.gif I've got to get the Mille Lacs trip out of the way and then I'll be hitting the MN River a bit before the holidays roll around.

was out on elysian yesterday into the night water was 38 degrees not much luck with eyes,northerns are hitting but small.was on the north end,and second point onthe east side.co0ld water!hopefully be settin tipups by end of this month,i'll pick nov 25th just because its on a sat. smile.gifsmile.gif

I was on Washington yesterday and water temps were similar....38.5 - 40 degrees. Brrrr! smirk.gif

It's probably back up to the mid-40's again...

I cant wait for the ice, but I'm not done hunting yet. It has been too good of a season to stop now. I can go another month before I grab the vex-liar mad.gif!!!

Dec 11, you'll be able to stand and fish on certain bodies of water (or should I say ice).

Tyler,you could still be fishing the river then. cool.gif

If it's worth anything, I'll be up north over Thanksgiving ice fishing. That should get some of you folks' blood pumping.

mad.gif I'm jealous

Boy Jamison,you must be going to Alaska.Ice in a week???

I dont think there will be enough ice anywhere in Mn for my size 12's.

Looks like there won't be ice for any size shoe for quite some time around here! I've been bamboozled by the early cold weather we had a couple weeks ago! shocked.gifgrin.gif