Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iFishMN.us

Double Skunked in October?

2 posts in this topic

So much for great october fishing, skunked 2 times in a row on a small lake I have been fishing most of the year with good success. Whats the deal with the fish? Do you think the bite will pick up soon? Any tips on how to catch some bass right now? I am still hopefull I will get into a nice bite before ice-over!

I've noticed that the bite for small lakes & ponds have slowed significantly over the past week. I think it's a sign to fish the larger lakes and rivers. Crappies and Wallys should be good on them now. I don't really target bass anymore so I can't help you there.

If your still fishing the small bodies of water your best bet is to find any surviving weed edges and growth. Signs of small pannies still suspending in water near shoreline is good. If you don't see them it's a good sign that the fish have moved in deeper water and the bite patterns have change drastically. This is where I like to use live bait & slower fishing tech patterns.