Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kdawg00

Whats the bite like on the Bid V I'm Goin up On Mon.

4 posts in this topic

Going to try to catch a few on the Big-V and maybe bag a few grouse too. laugh.gif .. Anyone have any tips or able to tell if the bite is hot.

Also wondering if they got any snow on the ground.. Thanks for any help.

Kdawg

Snow on the ground

Eye bite is GREAT!!!!

Jig/minnow--- Start around 26' and go deeper if you don't get bit. Sharp breaks and deep holes seem best for me.

Doug

Kdawg,

There is still snow on the ground this morning. It should be gone in most areas by tonight, 50+ degrees predicted for today.

The walleye bite was very good before the snow and cold front. I have not been out since the nasty weather though.

I do not expect the bite to have changed except that it may have gotten better and the fish probably have moved deeper.

I'm going out today so I will soon find out!

Jigs and minnows or lindys and minnows worked slow right on the bottom will get walleyes and perch when you locate them.

Good Fishing!

Cliff

Thanks Guys,

I wil be leaving at (0 dark 30), Then drag the Crestliner up to Bovey and pick up my fishing buddies at their cabin and then head over to Big V. Will be putiing in by the Oak Narrows and hopefully catch a meal for tommorow night.

Thanks again for the info.

Kdawg00 laugh.gif