Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
droptine06

public land

4 posts in this topic

hey, i posted a while ago about ice fishing spots, and you guys gave me a lot of good stuff. thanks, i have another question though. where could a guy find some land around the st.cloud area to bowhunt. is there any public land or anything like that a guy could get on.

thanks

chris

The DNR has all of the info online for public hunting areas. Here is a link to their web page. Just pick a county for St. Cloud area Stearns has the most from the tri-county area. I know that there is quite a big piece of land south of Clearwater also. Here is the link http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/wmas/index.html

Also if you check at several gas stations and bait shops they had a public land map that includes WMA, WPA, state forest, national forest, etc....

Between the DNR site and the map you'll have lots of options within a 30 minute drive.

thanks a lot guys. i went out driving tonight and saw lots of stuff i would love to hunt. i hope some of it is public. im going to go talk to the dnr tomarrow too, see if maybe any local farmers are having problems with deer and maybe i could get one of those licenses that let me shoot deer that are destroying crops. thanks again.

chris