• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Oct 20-22 Weekend

Heading up with a few guys to give the Rainy a try... it has been about 5 years since we have done so, so we are really looking forward to it! We are going to be staying in I-Falls... anyone have any suggestions on general locations in that area? I have heard the water is down, so can we assume that we may be using more 3/8 to 1/2 oz jigs? We have the gammet in the tacklebox, just curious....

Anyone else going to be in that area that weekend?

Fishing has been hot! Water is a bit low, but this cold weather should really make the big fish start snapping. I've been using 1/4 oz jigs, but just a personal preference. I'd rather be a little light than a little heavy. Don't be surprised if you tangle with a sturgeon or two! You guys should be in for a great trip, but don't forget your warm gear.

Ya, I remember the last trip..... cold hands, but hot fishing! Hope this one is simliar. I know last trip, we had to use up to 5/8 and even 3/4 to stay close to vertical... hopefully we can stay alot lighter than that! I talked to a buddy & he thinks we are crazy for driving past Mille Lacs to fish the Rainy... hope we can prove him wrong!

Yea I'll be out of Frontier landing that weekend, it should be awsome fishing, cause all the reports lately have been dynomite. 1/4 oz has been working an have a freind that says he out fished his buddie 8-1 with a rattle collar on, so bring some an stinger hooks, theres a version of the fireball jig out cant remeber who makes it but they use the same short shank hook with a wider gap but the hook is red an I really prefer those. Good luck Later boar

boar - I think you're talking about the Lindy max-gap jigs. They are nice and they also make them in the rattle version. Are they getting much for size in the Clementson/Frontier area?

Their hitting fish there but frontier is just the landing some freinds of us just gather too this time of year. Always seem to get stringers filled around end of Oct. My partner hit an eleven not too long ago. later boar

well, the day is finally here... heading north about noon & very excited... hopefully we can find some hungry fish... good luck to all you guys up there & give a wave if you run by us in our tourney pro tiller & tracker boats... I will report when we get back...

I will be up this weekend 20-22. wave hi if you see a 16 1/2 foot navigator blue full of kids. i am staying at river bend