Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harvey lee

Pheasant Opener

18 posts in this topic

Maybe we can keep a post for your pheasant success this weekend and the next few weeks.My opener wont be until Monday when I get back from deer hunting in North Dakota.

Good luck to all who make it out this weekend.Probably alot of corn to deal with yet.

Dogs are ready!!!!!!!! Guns polished!!!!!!!!!!!! Trap are shot!!!!!!!!! Boots are broke in!!!!!!!!!!! Beer is cold!!!!!!!!!!! Come on 9:00 AM Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude,it looks like you are ready and PUMPED.

Good luck cool.gif

stupid me had to go and promise to take three guys pheasant hunting on saturday; now i want to back out on them or at least make them wait...too many ducks and geese flying around to even make me notice a pheasant. oh well it should be a quick hunt for roosters anyways saturday; maybe i can sneak out early; setup for my field hunt; leave the blind @ 8:55; shoot my roosters @ 9:02; get back to the blind by 9:08; and hopefully not miss a flock of ducks or geese!

Awesome plan!!! Hope it works out ha, ha. Good luck, tuk.

well its official. after hunting this morning with my buddy on his slough i am making the neccessary phone calls to tell the pheasant hunting buddies to sleep in or hunt without a dog and me cuz its goose hammering tomorrow morning for sure. we just locked up two cornfields that are going to be black dirt come tuesday and they almost appear black in the mornings right now due to the huge numbers of geese and mallards working the fields. hopefully i can get some pictures posted tonight for you guys to see.

19 hours, 38 mins, 12 secs!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Pheasant opener was good. Wow, there sure were alot of hunters out. The best part of the day were the deer brats on the grill at noon. Umm, that hit the spot.

very few birds in sw mn. not worth the trip. someone messed up on the roadside counts

West Nile is wiping them out. Found numerous dead birds over the weekend.

Coming up in a couple weekends to try and get some birds to fly... A friend has land outside of Montevideo, did the "not many birds" trend apply there too on opener? I hope not, cuz it'd be fun to get some roosters to fly!

i don't know where u hunt but we limited out with 10 guys

hunting was very slow, talked with many hunters with very little luck, seemed kind of odd, but it was the case and has been thus far in sw MN. be in your interest to look else where.. 10 hunters..20 BIRDS guess we know where they have been dissappering to?!

The second weekend was much nicer than the first. There were fewer hunters. It must have been that West Nile thing or something or that when the birds got up in the wind it was like shooting at a rocket. I cooked up some out standing lunches. ( deer brats, pheasant strips, deer chislic (sp)) All wrapped in a tortilla. It was a tortilla theme this weekend. I did the strips and chislic in peanut oil. I told the Mrs. we gotta start eating healthier. I topped everything with melted cheese and a little ranch dressing. Ummm that was good. I shoot better after a good lunch. I carry all my cooking stuff in the old perchmobile. She's taken on the firetiger look the past couple of years with a mixture of red, white, streaks of rust, brown, and green. I bet if we get a good smooth clear freeze on the lake this year she might attract fish just by being parked on the ice. I'm taking ideas for next weekend's menu.

The firetiger perchmobile, eh? grin.gif

Man, if my wife wasn't so scared of guns I'd buy a bird license and go hunting with you just to eat some of that grub yer cookin up!

Makin me hungry at 9:20 in the morning. Dinner's a long ways off yet.

Let me know when you would like a meal and I'll see what I can work out. The mrs. has kept you on a short leash lately. I haven't heard much from you. Load the family up and come on over and I'll cook. The ice season is getting closer. So far, I think I'll only be able to get one big trip in this winter. The mrs. has a short leash on me too.

7 guys one dog and a limt of rooster in 5 1/2 hour it was a blast on sathows everybody else doing

We went outside of Monte.. 5 guys, no dog, 4 roosters with about a dozen hens flushed with them.. Always nice to get out and see birds fly no matter what you bag