Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
herringbone

monson lake

24 posts in this topic

did anyone fish monson this summer or fall? seemed like every time I drove by there was not a boat to be seen, heard it was the dead sea, lots of fish on the graph but nothing biting.

I was out there a couple times tis summer and last winter and it was very slow. I havent had good fishing out there for about 4 years. Im thinking they might go off this winter, the walleyes will anyway!!!

In the winter do you need a state park sticker to get on Monson?/ I'd like to try it but never fished it before

you only need a sticker if you park at the pulic access, lots of guys park along the south or east shores, I talked to the park ranger a couple years ago and he said its the best thing to do, although its kind of a grey area, whatever that means

thankz for the info herring!! NOW seeing i never been there before , when ya guiding me?? lol

I don't have much luck in the summer on that dumb lake but I can find em under the ice, lets keep in touch

will do! and if i find a hot bite i will let ya know too wink.gif

monson is froze over, going out sunday to check it out, won't be long!

how ya do herring and how thick was the ice?

too windy for my portable but watched another guy go out sat. afternoon, he chiseled about six times to get to water so it can't be much yet, I'm guessing 2", still waiting for the wind to die.

I went by Monson last night on the way home, nobody out fishing yet....

Herringbone, if that guy chiseled 6 times to get water. He either, has a very dull chisel, or he needs to hit the gym.

For only 2" of ice? I zap that in one shot.

it did'nt look all that good to me, but I'll be out sat. morning and start searchin for the fish, can't wait

herring wanna hit Golden pond friday?

would love to but gotta get some work done too, sat or sun would work, if you go out friday let me know how you did, thanks for asking

zi might be able to sneak out on sunday if ur game

I fished Golden pond last year a few times and caught some good size crappies and sunnies and a few bass and that was it you ever catch anything else

Last yr was my 1st up here as I moved.. I fished the Pond and got sunnies, crappies,, a couple of bass and a couple of NICE northerns which were let go.. theres still a few eyes in there as i saw them on camera but nonewilling to bite.. wonder what they feed on in there?? Also got a couple of Jumbo perch too but those were few and far between.. If all goes well ( if i get permission from the boss) I will be out there friday afternoon and possibly sunday too if i find fish smile.gif

Where do you park when you fish Golden pond? On 9 or on the south side?

usually on 9 in a field approach, i have never parked on the south side and that seems to be the hotter spot late ice anyway

Was out to Monson last night. Amazingly, no one else was out there!! But I can see why, caught only two crappies and they were both dinks and went back.

Anything happening on Games or Golden pond? Seeing a few houses out on the north access of Games, and also a few portables on Golden Pond... Lots of houses on Norway!!

was oon the pond last sunday with minimal results.. 6 keepers in 4 hrs fishing time.. i saw a few caught and apparently they are down there according to a guys camers, just not hungry... think this has anything to do with the pond being alot lower than last yr??

Blackjack

That is 2 more than I caught in 2 trips. I have tried the bay and point with no luck. Where did you try?

The bay. It was also my second time out there.

Time to try somewhere else. Hoping to make it out again tonight, but only if this rain turns over to snow...