Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Walli1

Artic Blast

14 posts in this topic

Can you feel it? Does this cold front get you excited, I've been getting pumped up! This is just what is needed to fire up the bite, seems I can't think of much else besides gettin down to the river for some great fishing and some relaxation! I got plenty of redtails in the tank that are more than willing to sacifice their life to make my fishing trip more enjoyable! Fishing anyone! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Sounds good!! When we are going???grin.gif

im going to go out on the river give it a shot... you think with the cold front(artic blast) coming though it will shut the bite down a bit?

I am hoping to get a kitchen pass to go out for at least a couple hours Saturday am...I can sense a feeding frenzy with it dropping to 30's and then jumping to low 50's....

I'm really trying my best to get down to the river tomorrow morning and give it a shot! For sure I'll be on the river early saturday morning, should be on the water around 4ish, just love being on the river early, it doesn't get much better. I've been watching this artic blast and it should be all moved on by friday and weather should be stable for the weekend I'm sure the bite is going to be unreal!

I'll probably see ya out there Sat. early, gonna try some of my fall spots and see what happens. If you see a guy or two in an Aulmacraft tiller w/ a Suzuki pulling leadcore, give a holler! Might jig for a bit too if I can locate some active ones.

I'll be in my ever faithful red lund predator with the gamakatsu sticker on the side, its seen alot of sunrises, it turned 20 this year and loves to go fishing and never complains, good boat! grin.gif

Hey Walli, have you ever concidered taking someone out with you? I've been dying to get on the river this year and lost my boat to a hole I found from the last owner. Thought it would hurt to ask.

Sorry to hear about your boat, I broke the spline and bent the struts in mine last year, got it welded up and its been leak proof till about a month ago and now its leaking again, if its not able to be fixed I'll take the insurance money and put the money towards another one, got a line on a proV and the wife seems to be okay with it. I don't have a problem taking people fishing, I've taken alot of people down on the river over the years, where do you live? I'm fishing by myself 65% of the time, I could fit you in! grin.gif

That would be great Walli!! I live in St. Paul. I can meet you wherever. I've been off for a couple of weeks and have about a week and a half more off from work, so I'm open to any times. You can email me at s_e_hendricks@comcast.net and I'll give ya my cell number or you can just let me know a place to meet ya. I'll chip in for gass/bait. I'm having an adjuster look at my boat. There's the holes that are around a grand and then the transom is loose so that's another grand. I'm thinkin' I'll take the insurance money and use the trailer and motor on a new boat.

Walli, did you email me last night? I got an email from an address I hadn't seen before. Thought it might be you, but wasn't sure.

Yeah shot you a email last night and again today. Never made it to the river this morning,had alot to get done to get my weekend open!

I didn't get one today, just the one last night. Shoot me an email again, I give you my cell so you can jut call or shoot me a mail whenever you'd want to go out. I'm open whenever.

My email is on my profile if you need to reach me!