Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
bowser

Monitoring Monster bucks

bowser

Wouldn't it be neat if they could implant a deer with a device that you could monitor there where abouts on the internet. I think they could come up with a way to do that without being able to use that info for hunting purposes. Just use it for enjoyment and to see how close people really come to seeing the big boys. Any thoughts or additions to this post would be appreciated wink.gif

perchking

Great idea but the issue would be to get initally close enough to get the GPS device planted in the Big Boy.

Wait we are back at step one again...

slimngrizzly

ALREADY DONE!!!! Well almost... I dont know where you look it up. But Dr. Deer- James Kroll and some others have implated a camera on a wild bucks antlers. I dont think they tell us WERE it is but you can watch it ANYTIME on-line and its "real time" "live". Also there is sound on your computer for any vocalizations the deer make.

It looks pretty neat but I really dont know the details. Maybe someone else who knows more will post something. Try to search it??? wink.gif

perchking

I think I watched that on OLN but I thought it was on a game farm plus I thought it was a GPS device not a camera because the rack was worth $$ and they wanted the sheds.

NELS-BELLS

Slimngrizzly is correct. They have a camera mounted on the head of a deer, not sure if its a buck or not. You can pull it up on your computer anytime and see what the deer is seeing, live. There is a cost though. I think its like $40 a year or something.

Nels

icehole10

Go to deerchannel.com they have some clips you can watch. Or you can buy a subscription

EatSleepFish

how would they keep a camera on a bucks antlers when they're rubbin?